What are the "Customer Preferred Packages"? Buying a used truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paustin

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Evening all!

I am looking to purchase a used truck to haul a 5th wheel. Based on the information that I have accumulated from you fine fine folks, I have narrowed down my criteria and am looking for 'the truck'. Having an issue when I compare however. On CarGures I found a
2013 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab 8 ft. Bed 4WD - $44,999
and a
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 8 ft. Bed 4WD - $34,951

So a 2013 is $10k *more* than the 2015. After doing a VIN 'inventory compare' it looks like the big difference in mileage and something called 'Customer Preferred Packages"

The 2013 has
Customer Preferred Package 28K
Customer Preferred Package 2TK

The 2015 has
Customer Preferred Package 28H
Customer Preferred Package 2TH

Can you point me to what these are? The seem identical with the exception of the "K" or the "H" at the end?

Thanks folks!
Pete

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
K is the Laramie Longhorn package. H is just the Laramie package.
All of the interior trim, seats, dash, etc are different and unique to the Longhorn, hence the price difference.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Also remember that the $10K difference may just reflect a greedy dealer asking much more than they will eventually sell the vehicle for.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
there are some other factors, such as these trucks might have a large difference in milage wheel size, different custimzations and like MADDOG said it may just be those damn greedy dealers.