BellTech 2/4 installed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robby5323

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Single Cab
Engine
Hemi
I was able to get my BellTech 963SP 2/4 installed. Coming from cut springs, my opinion is.... I should have just done this to begin with! The ride is firm but not harsh. Feels very controlled. The cut springs to me seemed a little wishy-washy if that makes any sense. This is a night and day difference. The hardest part of the install is the drivers side rear shock. I went ahead and removed both rear fender well liners. The driver's side takes some conturting but, with a bent or stubby 13/16 wrench, it is do-able. Air tools are definately your friend when installing this kit. Componets are top notch. Got the kit from jegs. $417.00 shipped. I stopped on the way to work this morning to snap a couple of quick shots with my cell phone. I will put up some better photos when time allows.
IMG-20120209-00054.jpg
IMG-20120209-00055.jpg

Last edited:

Black express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Very nice. I keep going back and forth about lowering or lifting mine. Good looking truck

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That looks sharp!!

[tapatalkin]

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
looking good

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nice. I keep going back and forth about lowering or lifting mine. Good looking truck

I can totally relate to this feeling. I've locked down on the CST 4" Spindles for the front, I want to adapt bags to the back so I don't squat when I have the ATV in the bed without having the rake the rest of the time.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
very nice

S

scotts2012ram

O man I love that. Now my minds made up. That's the first crew or quad cab lowered as soon as my truck see 100k its getting dropped

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
O man I love that. Now my minds made up. That's the first crew or quad cab lowered as soon as my truck see 100k its getting dropped

Why 100k? Warranty should not be an issue with a 2/4 drop.

OP
OP
R

robby5323

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Single Cab
Engine
Hemi

Yea, if it's a warranty concern for the 100K, don't sweat it. You'll be fine.

S

scotts2012ram

Thanks then as soon as I get the money she's getting drop yyaaaa

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Truck looks great!

Seeing that Ive been running cut coils for 5 months, and have put over 6K miles on them so far... I cant agree with you. I havent had any problems with the wishy washiness you speak of. But then again you said you cut too much off, in a previous thread.

I want to go lower in the front, and am looking to cut mine again.

What was your ride height with the cut coils?

When you installed the Belltech kit, were you the same height?

Im not bashing you by any means. Just letting you know that cut coils can be done right.

OP
OP
R

robby5323

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Single Cab
Engine
Hemi
No worries Big Boi. You know I didn't even realize the wishy/washy feeling while I was running the cut coils. I was at even 36" front and back on my cut coils. I was going to try for another 1/2" up front and cut too much off, hence putting on the BellTech kit. Comparing the before and after of the cut coils and running the kit, it's just my opinion. Now with the kit I'm at 34.25" up front and 35.5" out back. The real difference comes in cornering and stopping. The truck is just noticeably more stable and sure footed.

Last edited:

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
No worries Big Boi. You know I didn't even realize the wishy/washy feeling while I was running the cut coils. I was at at even 36" front and back on my cut coils. I was going to try for another 1/2" up front and cut too much off, hence putting on the BellTech kit. Comparing the before and after of the cut coils and running the kit, it's just my opinion. Now with the kit I'm at 34.25" up front and 35.5" out back. The real difference comes in cornering and stopping. The truck is just noticeably more stable and sure footed.

Gotcha.

Did you trash the cut coils yet? Mind measuring them 4 me?

Im going to get some measurements off mine tomorrow and compare.

And are you measuring from the fender to the ground? Or from the fender to the bottom of the WHEEL?

OP
OP
R

robby5323

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Single Cab
Engine
Hemi
Gotcha.

Did you trash the cut coils yet? Mind measuring them 4 me?

Im going to get some measurements off mine tomorrow and compare.

And are you measuring from the fender to the ground? Or from the fender to the bottom of the WHEEL?

Yea, I still have em'... I will measure up with a pic or two tomorrow afternoon for you. Measurements of the height are from flat floor, center of wheel up to the bottom of each fender.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990