Beltech 2/4 kit HELP rear end is wagging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok this happened the other day im driving like 60 down the highway next thing i know rear end starts wagging from side to side. It comes and goes but is quite annoying any one else have this problem if so what do you do to fix it

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, did you look underneath to see if anything is disconnected? Track bar maybe?

OP
OP
blackout11

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nope everything is fine heard a few others complain about this hoping one of them chimes in might need the adjustable panhard bar

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
man this is like the 5th post Ive seen about trucks with that drop getitng 'loose'...why I havent pulled the plug and done it yet. :(

OP
OP
blackout11

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ya i believe they say the adjustable bar fixes it just waiting to see

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Call belltech and get the relocator bracket. You have to call and request it though.

jojo750

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
is this something that is specific to a belltech drop?
ive got the mcg deluxe kit installed (2/4) but havent experienced this yet...

hope it gets figured out.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
That's pretty scary. I know with my GF 2/3 drop on my 4x4, my alignement is off slightly. It pulls to the right just a tad. Had it alligned over 4 times. Just the way the truck reacted to the drop. I don't have the adjustable panhard bar either yet.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Call belltech and get the relocator bracket. You have to call and request it though.

The relocator bracket might be the problem. This problem seemed to surface just about the time they started including it with their kit. I don't know what their bracket looks like or how it is mounted. Sounds to me that the bracket is pivoting on the mounting bolt or it has some play in it causing the rear to sway.

I have never had this problem before or after the installing adjustable pan hard bar. If it's doing it now, the adjustable bar isn't going to fix it. All the bar does is shift your axle one way or the other.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
the reason the bar may fix it as many are saying is probably because when they install the adjustable bar they take off the bracket like tyler mentioned

unclemark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi, 4.7
I have the beltech 2/4 kit and it didnt come with the relocation bracket but i still have that problem.... been wondering if the adj track bar would fix that also....

OP
OP
blackout11

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
The relocator bracket might be the problem. This problem seemed to surface just about the time they started including it with their kit. I don't know what their bracket looks like or how it is mounted. Sounds to me that the bracket is pivoting on the mounting bolt or it has some play in it causing the rear to sway.

I have never had this problem before or after the installing adjustable pan hard bar. If it's doing it now, the adjustable bar isn't going to fix it. All the bar does is shift your axle one way or the other.

So i ordered my bar today so your saying i should remove the bracket

OP
OP
blackout11

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7

What bracket is that it links to one you weld on im getting the sphon bar

OP
OP
blackout11

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
bump

should i remove the beltec bracket when my panhard bar goes on

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn I stumped then... I have never had this problem. Maybe it's defective shocks???

If you're getting the adjustable bar I say remove the bracket and see what happens.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blackout11

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ya just got new springs today from them 1 was defective was sagging real bad and my bar will be here sat so i guess ill just try different things

Hornet

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If a locator bar with solid end bushings fixes the problem,i'd think it'd be the stock rubber bushings in the factory locator bar that are the principle problem.
They'll compress and let things move side to side,while the solid bushings in a aftermarket bar don't.

If Belltech sends a relocator bracket,i'd use it.
If you look at your bar,Dodge has a certain travel angle,and i'm assuming the Belltech relocator bracket moves the bar back into factory travel specs.

You put the bar on a steep angle,and every time you cycle the suspension,the rear-end is gonna get shoved from side to side
Just my .02

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357