HELP: 2" McGaughy's rear springs & Air Lift 1000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackout15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hi guys, so I'm looking to do a modest drop on my 2015 RCSB 1500 2WD. I plan on McGaughy's drop spindles up front and their 2" drop coils for the rear. I want to add the Air Lift 1000 helper bags while I'm in there but I can't find a part number. Does anyone here have the 2" McGaughy's rear drop springs and Air Lift 1000's? If so could you help me out with the part number for the Air Lift bags?

I went to Air Lifts site and they offer universal bags but you have to take measurements with the springs installed on an empty truck at ride height.. is there anyone out there with the 2" coils that wouldn't mind maybe climbing under there and taking some measurements for me? You would have to take width and height measurements of the area inside the coil spring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

From Air Lifts site:
1) Unload your vehicle first, so that you can take the most accurate measurements of your coil springs. This means unhitching the camper, ditching the bike rack, and pulling your cinder block collection out from under the back seat. Once the car is at normal ride height, totally unloaded, then you’re ready for step two.

2)Take two measurements. Measure the inside height (X) — the available height within the coil spring. Then measure the inside diameter (Y), or the width available inside the coil from side to side at its widest point. (see diagram)

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have the 2 inch rear drop springs. thought i might need the air bags but have not and i have carried some heavy loads and towed a boat

OP
OP
Blackout15

Blackout15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
i have the 2 inch rear drop springs. thought i might need the air bags but have not and i have carried some heavy loads and towed a boat

Thank you! Maybe I won't make it such a priority to track this info down. I just figured if I could get it prior to installing the coils I could put it all in at the same time for one of those "just in case" scenarios.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990