Mcgaughys Spindles only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if or where I can order just 2" drop spindles? oh and remind me of how much farther they poke the tires out? Going to start collecting parts to update and fix some problem areas with the current lowering job on the truck this summer.
Also looking for pics of how a 2/4 wheel sits in the well and good up close pics of the spindle before the unit bearing was installed to see if I can machine that surface down if needed to get the wheel/tire to tuck and not hit the fender lip.

So my plan for this summer is remove the modified Belltech from my truck, install mcgaughys spindles with crown performance 1" drop springs up front with modified crown springs in the rear. I will also do Illicit's cut arm relocation kit, Watts link to do away with the Panhard I keep having to fight and readjust all the time cause something is moving back there and I cant find what yet.
Oh and I'll be going with QA1 shocks on all corners

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Autoplicity has them listed for $415 with free shipping and Summit has them for $430 with free shipping. If you wanna save a little dough I'll sell you mine for $325 shipped. There's nothing wrong with them, just switching over to Illicit's drop arms.

They make the driver stick out about 1/2" and the passenger side is damn near flush. I'm at 4" up front so I don't know if my pics would do you much good, but I can still get them if you'd like. I'll get you the up close pics of the spindles tomorrow, I'm going to bed now.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Autoplicity has them listed for $415 with free shipping and Summit has them for $430 with free shipping. If you wanna save a little dough I'll sell you mine for $325 shipped. There's nothing wrong with them, just switching over to Illicit's drop arms.

They make the driver stick out about 1/2" and the passenger side is damn near flush. I'm at 4" up front so I don't know if my pics would do you much good, but I can still get them if you'd like. I'll get you the up close pics of the spindles tomorrow, I'm going to bed now.

No rush, I appreciate it. I'm somewhere between 3-4" up front also... fenders damn near sit on the tire already. I'm looking to keep the same ride height but fix the negative camber and A-arm and no room for travel without riding on the modified bumps and hitting frame.
But I didn't know Illicit had a set of drop arms for the ram, I may look into those instead. I've still thought about making my own but don't have the time to engineer them, especially since a guy put in his 2 weeks so my workload just doubled.
But I'll let know on the spindles, I was unaware of the difference in one side to the other.... that wont sit well with my OCD

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
No rush, I appreciate it. I'm somewhere between 3-4" up front also... fenders damn near sit on the tire already. I'm looking to keep the same ride height but fix the negative camber and A-arm and no room for travel without riding on the modified bumps and hitting frame.
But I didn't know Illicit had a set of drop arms for the ram, I may look into those instead. I've still thought about making my own but don't have the time to engineer them, especially since a guy put in his 2 weeks so my workload just doubled.
But I'll let know on the spindles, I was unaware of the difference in one side to the other.... that wont sit well with my OCD

Inez hotrods has dropped arms for the front up to 4 inches. They actually narrow the front by a 1/2 inch I think. You have to shorten the tie rods. I have spindles and Ive never had a problem my 295/35's tuck inside the fenders nicely.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Inez hotrods has dropped arms for the front up to 4 inches. They actually narrow the front by a 1/2 inch I think. You have to shorten the tie rods. I have spindles and Ive never had a problem my 295/35's tuck inside the fenders nicely.
I plan on putting 305's back up front, what width wheel do you have? My Srt-10s being 22x10 and not sure the BS. I think its about 5.5-6" may yield a different result.

I will look up Inez. I still may go with the drop spindles though. Closer to OEM geometry and such. Less chance for other stuff going wrong and easier repairs when needed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
I plan on putting 305's back up front, what width wheel do you have? My Srt-10s being 22x10 and not sure the BS. I think its about 5.5-6" may yield a different result.

I will look up Inez. I still may go with the drop spindles though. Closer to OEM geometry and such. Less chance for other stuff going wrong and easier repairs when needed.

24x9.5 +15 offset

Crashno1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is spindle only on 2014 stock sport rims and tires. The passenger side is the same.
picture.php

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is spindle only on 2014 stock sport rims and tires. The passenger side is the same.
picture.php

Yuck!!!! don't like that at all, when you say stock wheels and tires, 20" with 265's or 22" with 285's" not sure the model of your truck. but thanks for the pic, that gives me some reference as to what to expect, just curious to the wheel tire specs so I can compare and calculate what I have to go in its place

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Heres my pics.

Attachments

• SPINDLES1.jpg
    SPINDLES1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 50
  • SPINDLES2.jpg
    SPINDLES2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
22" 285's
It's a 2014 1500 Sport/RT

Well that makes it easier to compare being I have R/T wheels to compare to srt wheels.

Guess I still need to do a little more research before I jump in the deep end

Thanks

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7

do you have their drop arms on your truck? or who of someone that has them. They look very well built...
15965993_1201408976614925_5167428526231195841_n.jpg

16114105_1201408936614929_3113573990904949678_n.jpg

16105479_1201413013281188_7468898390270363604_n.jpg

16002896_1201413039947852_4540166857570440922_n.jpg

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really like the loo of their stuff, looks very well thought out. It's a little more than i was looking to spend on the susp rework, but figure I'll be close to that if i add in my plan with illicit's rear relocation kit or Inez's full kit.

I guess back to the drawing board and homework table. I'd like to get some info on the springs out back. Either way i need to get new front sorings cause my cut belltechs wont work.... hmmm decisions decisions

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish I was in Texas, these guess seem like a good candidate to build me a coil over system since I will never get to it at my rate and being so damn busy

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish I was in Texas, these guess seem like a good candidate to build me a coil over system since I will never get to it at my rate and being so damn busy

Same here...

I called Inez Hotrods, he sells lowering upper, lower front control arms and the rear brackets separately or as a complete kit. By putting his lowering control arms, it lowers it 2" in the front if you want to go lower a lowering spring would go in. He said they can go as low as 5/7 on the Rams. On the rear you have to cut the upper control arm support and install the relocation brackets.
hmmmm I may just go with this setup... so confusing :crazy:

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here...

I called Inez Hotrods, he sells lowering upper, lower front control arms and the rear brackets separately or as a complete kit. By putting his lowering control arms, it lowers it 2" in the front if you want to go lower a lowering spring would go in. He said they can go as low as 5/7 on the Rams. On the rear you have to cut the upper control arm support and install the relocation brackets.
hmmmm I may just go with this setup... so confusing :crazy:

I think this is a good option, at least for me it is. give me a base to modify later for upgrades while doing away with negative with a belltech drop.

I'm guessing he is running a 3" drop spring (cut spring) to get to the 5" but I would rather use a 2" drop spindle, his arms, and 1" drop spring from crown to get the 5" drop with minimal impact to the stock geometry. Its more expensive but wouldn't have the negative camber effect that a drop spring will have.... unless his upper arm is designed to make up that extra drop in the spring... If it only accounts/corrects 2" worth of drop then 2" lower springs would change camber adjustment to max.
I currently run .65 negative camber cause I have no adjustment and need longer upper arms or the 3 degree adjustable ball joints.

Too many options and variables.... makes my head spin but I think I have a game plan.... I just need to call him to make sure I understand his kit right

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think this is a good option, at least for me it is. give me a base to modify later for upgrades while doing away with negative with a belltech drop.

I'm guessing he is running a 3" drop spring (cut spring) to get to the 5" but I would rather use a 2" drop spindle, his arms, and 1" drop spring from crown to get the 5" drop with minimal impact to the stock geometry. Its more expensive but wouldn't have the negative camber effect that a drop spring will have.... unless his upper arm is designed to make up that extra drop in the spring... If it only accounts/corrects 2" worth of drop then 2" lower springs would change camber adjustment to max.
I currently run .65 negative camber cause I have no adjustment and need longer upper arms or the 3 degree adjustable ball joints.

Too many options and variables.... makes my head spin but I think I have a game plan.... I just need to call him to make sure I understand his kit right

I was thinking the same thing... Inez drop arms, drop spindle and lowering spring. But.... I had the drop spindles on my previous Ram and didn't like that it made the front wheels poke-out. After I hung up with him I started thinking about what the top control arm function was. I guess I'll be calling again tomorrow

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was thinking the same thing... Inez drop arms, drop spindle and lowering spring. But.... I had the drop spindles on my previous Ram and didn't like that it made the front wheels poke-out. After I hung up with him I started thinking about what the top control arm function was. I guess I'll be calling again tomorrow

I wish I had time to call, between being busy at my office, I have also been put on notice for Swift Water/Flood Rescue in my area and will be bringing our rescue rig home with me to respond incase of a levee break or breach.

I really want to get my hands on a set of Mcgaughys spindles to see if there is enough material to machine down the bearing mount surface to get rid of that poke out issue. I'm hoping they will be at the next Good Guys show and swap meet and have a set I can look at in march.