srt-10 conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolbrzblu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can anyone give me any specific measurements/details on what the difference is between the srt-10 and the 4th gen 1500 spindle and upper control arms? It almost looks like the srt-10 spindle is shorter, which would work better for lowered suspension.. Did the srt-10s also come with aluminum ucas?
Is it possible to swap the uca and spindle onto a 4th gen? I'd love to find some way to fix the front geometry at an affordable level and add some better front brakes..

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out Michigan Metal Works if you haven't. They cater to lowered trucks, and offer custom UCAs, LCAs and spindles. I think the Ram spindles would have to be a one off right now, as they only have a few that they do regularly.

SebaS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
how do you like those spohn bars and panhard bar? i know you are 2wd and lowered but i as wondering if they made a big enough difference to be noticed, im stock hieght and 4x4 atm but i amwanting to lift and add these bars for better stability and rigidity

OP
OP
C

coolbrzblu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The new suspension parts made a big difference. I did most of my upgrades at one time thought, so its hard to pinpoint which changes made the most difference.
I still need to fix the front and rear suspension geometry and I'm not happy with the belltech sport shocks.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Yeah, the Belltech shocks don't have the proper rebound rate for our trucks. The ones in my truck lasted about 6 months before I went to the QA1s.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, the Belltech shocks don't have the proper rebound rate for our trucks. The ones in my truck lasted about 6 months before I went to the QA1s.

Thats about how long mine lasted before I noticed a change in them up front... rear is still stiff though. But I don't want to upgrade till I explore the route of custom coils and or coil overs.

OP
OP
C

coolbrzblu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm talking to Penske about front coilovers with the stock mounts. I plan to send them a set of Belltch shocks to work off of to develop a setup for a 2/4 stance.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm talking to Penske about front coilovers with the stock mounts. I plan to send them a set of Belltch shocks to work off of to develop a setup for a 2/4 stance.

What is the cost you are looking at?