crossmember drop brackets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_Bus1_

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First a little background, 2015 1500 4WD quad cab. Truck is used mostly on road and on the beach sometimes, no crazy offroading/rock crawling here. I currently have Bilstein 5100's at max height adjustment and 2" strut spacers, zone upper control arms, a set of extended sway bar links and a set of CV axles that give extra articulation up front. In the rear I have Superlift 2" lift springs, Bilstein 5100's and adjustable track bar, all of this has the truck sitting up a bit higher and leveled as intended.

I have superlift front lift spindles going in soon as well to correct steering linkage geometry. I'm currently looking to get the correct geometry back for my front LCA,s as well using some crossmember drop brackets, I do NOT plan on dropping the front diff.

My question is can anyone confirm that the rear crossmember does NOT need to be cut since the diff will stay in OE location? I really dont want to be cutting into the frame. Has anyone ran something similar to this setup, how is it working out for you?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
First a little background, 2015 1500 4WD quad cab. Truck is used mostly on road and on the beach sometimes, no crazy offroading/rock crawling here. I currently have Bilstein 5100's at max height adjustment and 2" strut spacers, zone upper control arms, a set of extended sway bar links and a set of CV axles that give extra articulation up front. In the rear I have Superlift 2" lift springs, Bilstein 5100's and adjustable track bar, all of this has the truck sitting up a bit higher and leveled as intended.

I have superlift front lift spindles going in soon as well to correct steering linkage geometry. I'm currently looking to get the correct geometry back for my front LCA,s as well using some crossmember drop brackets, I do NOT plan on dropping the front diff.

My question is can anyone confirm that the rear crossmember does NOT need to be cut since the diff will stay in OE location? I really dont want to be cutting into the frame. Has anyone ran something similar to this setup, how is it working out for you?

Thanks in advance for any help!
If you’re doing this work yourself stop now to save yourself a lot of money later. The path you’re on right now is already destroying your front end. A new Font Diff with CV’s will be over $3,000 a Zone 6” lift is less expensive and you’ll be set up.

Strut top spacers are angled to correct strut angle so the Bilstein maxed with a spacer is close to the worst thing you can do.

OP
OP
B

_Bus1_

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I am doing the work my self, but how am I destroying the front end though, I assume you mean the front diff specifically? You do make a valid point of lift kit $ vs diff/CV $, but from what I have read at this point, I see no real difference in a 4" (6" is bigger than I'm looking for) lift kit vs what I have now (and adding the Spindles and crossmember drop brackets) aside from the front diff staying in OE location. But again the CV axles I have allow for extra articulation and should compensate for diff in OE location (in theory at least)

Thanks for the quick response!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat