Finally bought my first truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ejo92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, just purchased a 2014 ram 1500 5.7 hemi big horn crew cab and this is my very first truck. Taking a look at the forum, I must say I'm quite intimidated. The truck came with aftermarket cheap mastercraft 33" tires with the stock 20" wheel. It's also at least got a leveling kit (just a guess) but it's much higher than stock rams. And the precious owner must have done some sort of exhaust upgrade. So now she's mine and I could really use help from you all to figure out what's the best first upgrade to do. Wheels and tires? Cold air intake, headers, exhaust? Lift? I could really use some feedback so I can show her off on here

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, just purchased a 2014 ram 1500 5.7 hemi big horn crew cab and this is my very first truck. Taking a look at the forum, I must say I'm quite intimidated. The truck came with aftermarket cheap mastercraft 33" tires with the stock 20" wheel. It's also at least got a leveling kit (just a guess) but it's much higher than stock rams. And the precious owner must have done some sort of exhaust upgrade. So now she's mine and I could really use help from you all to figure out what's the best first upgrade to do. Wheels and tires? Cold air intake, headers, exhaust? Lift? I could really use some feedback so I can show her off on here
Pictures??? And congrats on the truck purchase.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats on the truck and welcome to the forum from LA (Lower Alabama)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

ejo92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is all I have, as I'm a little unsure as to what's going on .

Attachments

• IMG_1921.jpg
    IMG_1921.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 32

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is all I have, as I'm a little unsure as to what's going on .
Looks nice, Might just be the picture but it doesn't look lifted at all. Also MasterCraft tires and not cheap or after market, they actually make a farm nice tire, so don't be in a hurry to get rid of them if you don't need to. What are you unsure of?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

ejo92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just unsure of what my next step should be. I'm not a fan of the chrome wheels, and I do want it lifted. Maybe 3" max. It is going to be my daily driver, so I don't want anything monsterous. But I do want bigger and better performing. Money isn't exactly an issue, so I want to get some stuff done while I have the available funds to do so. Just not sure what I should do first, being this is my first truck

MXM34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just unsure of what my next step should be. I'm not a fan of the chrome wheels, and I do want it lifted. Maybe 3" max. It is going to be my daily driver, so I don't want anything monsterous. But I do want bigger and better performing. Money isn't exactly an issue, so I want to get some stuff done while I have the available funds to do so. Just not sure what I should do first, being this is my first truck

Lifting it with proper tires and rims will be the most dramatic looking and expensive thing you will do. I suggest our lifting forum here

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Welcome to the site it's great to have you here

Tony

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'm thinking leveling the front with some Bilstein 5100 adjustable (2.0" - 2.5"), adding some 17 or 18 inch wheels and 33" tires would look pretty good.

As far as what wheels and tires, I can't pick 'em for ya. There are so many that it's really a personal aesthetic choice. All I can say is go with what looks best to you (wheels) and pick some tires that will perform based on how you plan on using the truck.

For me, I have 18x9 Walker Evans Racing Legacy 504 wheels with a +12 offset and BFG KO2 35x12.50x18 tires. That combination fits my leveled 2500 pretty darn well.

I like the XD Addict 798 wheels as well. Ran those on my MegaCab and 2014 6.4L CC.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi

Nice truck. My advice is to put a fair number of miles on it before you change much with the running gear.

It looks like you have a set of Sport wheels which are a very nice wheel. If you want black, plastidip them to see what they look like. It can be peeled off if you don't like it.

You mentioned performance, which will not happen if you go to bigger tires that, in effect, will lower the effective rear end ratio number.

IAC, get a feel for the truck and drive it's wheels off. Then do what you like to make it yours.

Remember that HP increases significant enough to make a difference are not cheap. In the long term you might consider a tuner which should be a decent bang for the buck.