German user from canada say Hi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OFw Kalli

Reaction score
Canada -Edmonton/AB, before Germany, Heidelberg
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi all.

At advance – sorry for grammar mistakes etc. I will try to do my best.
I am from Germany (small town south of Heidelberg) and live singe 2014 in Canada (Edmonton/AB)
I am a master craftsman Gunsmith with a 3 1/2y apprenticeship in a small gunsmith Shop.
Than I was 13,5 y (1988-2002) in the German Air Force as aircraft arms engineer in the biggest Nato bunker system in Europe at this time. At the end of my service time, I was 1y master craftsman school with a chamber of crafts exam/diploma.
And here I can explain my Forum name:
OFw was my last rank in the Air force (Oberfeldwebel) and Kalli is the German nick of Karl, my first part of my name.
I have had a name tag at my uniform with Kalli and all (from private to our Commander) called me Kalli. Air Force… a “little bit” different :)

In Germany I was a huge fan of the car brand “Opel”. That was a GM daughter Company, and now sold to a France Car Company. My last car there was a pineapple yellow Astra GSI Station wagon, a sport version of this car. Like VW has the Golf GTI.
I gave this car away, when I went to Canada in 2014, with a little tear in my eyes. I bought this car in 1995 and at last, this car has had 360.000km (sorry, I calculate all in metric). The Motor was still great. No unusual tick noise and the both camshafts looked like new. This car was still running 220km/h like it was new. (German Autobahn :naughty:)
Some years before I have had an extremely tuned “Kadett C” from 1977. A little beast on the Road.
This car wait in Germany for a trip to Canada and to wake up like Phoenix, because it is since the 1990s in a Garage (looks rotten now).

Since February this year I have a Ram 1500 4x4 Sport Hemi (3.92) in Ignition Orange with some extras. I wanted so much a Vehicle with a crazy colour again - yellow or this orange. I liked the great design of the RAM trucks, the rear springs (not like a horse drawn carriage with leaf springs) like other brands and the 8 speed ZF Transmission (a little bit German engineering in my truck)
It is sooooo unless for me to have a V8, but I love this truck and the power of the motor.
That´s my first Truck, my first 4x4 and my first V8.
I would prefer to have a manual transmission but this 8 Speed ZF transmission is not so bad. Automatic transmissions are in my opinion still a solution for old persons (retirees), but this one is ok.

Feel free to ask me, if you have questions – here or via pn.

Greetings Kalli

Attachments

• IMG-20170701-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20170701-WA0002.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 100

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome, nice truck

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Welcome from Calgary. You won't find manuals over here, North Americans are lazy, everything has an automatic, which is a real shame.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome!

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum from LA (Lower Alabama)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk