2wd leveling kit installation help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gray2010Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The other day I tried to install my 2in leveling kit from fat bobs garage. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for removing the coil spring. I had the upper ball joint removed, the sway bar and brake caliper as well. when i lowered the lower control arm the spring still had tension and would not budge. I was looking at it and I was thinking maybe I have to remove the tie rod. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Gray2010Ram

Gray2010Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried a internal spring compressor and the bottom part slipped off the spring. It scared me a bit so i was thinking about trying a different one.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Not sure if this will help but when I installed mine (4x4) I unbolted the upper a arm that gave me the extra play to get everything out and back in

Sent From My DROID RAZR MAXX Using Tapatalk 2

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take the while spindle off. And pry it down. Then be sure to place a jack under the lower control arm when installing spindle to help compress the coil.

It aint easy.... bein' Easy ;)

gopackgo69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi ****
When I did mine I used a ratchet strap going from the bottom of the coil to the other side of the frame and that pulled the bottom into the spring pocket, then i used the jack under the lower control arm to compress the spring some. and then the ratchet strap around the upper and lower arms to compress them more to get it all back together

Reo Cook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I won't go as far as sayin git dropped out from under the truck but I just loosened the bolt on top of the spindle holding the upper arm, then put the jack under the location where the shock mounted and put a little pressure, pried the spindle from the arm and it released the pressure. Then i lowered the jack, pulled the spindle out of the way and popped out the spring from the bottom.

I did remove the tie rod & the sway bar to make it easy too if that helps. You'll definitely need a spring compressor to get it back in there.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you made a 2nd try yet? Keep me updated, I'm about to tackle this job myself pretty soon. Any advice is helpful