2wd Lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAccountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 2WD and plan to lift it. I already know some of you will hate me for this post, but that okay. To each their own. I have no need for 4WD and the 2WD was what was available in my price range when I bought it. Anyways, I called the dealer today to check into the lift. I was told that I could lift up to 7" without voiding my powertrain warranty and that parts and labor would cost $2,000 before taxes for 7" and $1,730 before taxes for 4.5". I was also told that I could do it myself without voiding the warranty as long as I use a factory lift kit.

Side Note: i am going to get all of this in writing because I was previously told i could only go up to 4" and had to have it lifted at the dealer.

So my question is, will lift kits made for 4WD Rams fit on 2WD rams? I have not seen many 2WD lifts out there. I also know that MOPAR lifts are actually superlifts with a MOPAR stamp and I was not able to find any 2WD lifts on their site, and did not see any 4.5" or 7" kits on their site.

OP
OP
TheAccountant

TheAccountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Maxtrac, you'll find a 2wd lift there. Got mine from them and love it.
How many inches is your lift? And also, is it considered a factory lift? I'm trying to avoid voiding my powertrain warranty.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did the 4.5" lift. Not sure if it's considered a factory lift, did they state what makes it a factory lift?

OP
OP
TheAccountant

TheAccountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I did the 4.5" lift. Not sure if it's considered a factory lift, did they state what makes it a factory lift?
Nah they didn't. They probably just buy a kit and stick a MOPAR sticker on it and call it factory. I'll look into the maxtrac kits. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most likely! Maxtrac has great customer service, I dealt with Sean I believe and he helped me with all 500 questions I had lol. The only thing I did was I went with fox shocks, otherwise love it, wish I went bigger but I always can.

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Hi, we offer a 4.5" & a 7" kit for your truck. I am not too sure what they mean by a factory lift but I'm guessing MOPAR? I don't think they offer a 2wd kit though. You can definitely give us a call for more details or you can go to our dealer locator on our website to look up dealers that sell our products if you'd like. Maxtrac Suspension

Raminwil

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram LongHorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
7in MaxTrac kit... great guys over there!!!
They got special things coming :peace:

picture.php

dhambyst121

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Every 2WD guy out there I have heard lifting theirs went with the Maxtrac lifts. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maxtrac offers great products and awesome customer service. Happy with my purchase of the 7" lift kit

Attachments

• 20170708_145841.jpg
    20170708_145841.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 61

2014RAM5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go spindle. I went with spacer and kind of regret it. I will be going with a spindle lift when my tires wear down. Rode in a spindle lifted Ram and Chevy and what a difference. Literally felt factory smooth with the exception of the 35s being a little bit stiffer but still much more pleasant than my spacer with 33s.