Done so Far

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You are not the only one

But one question was thinking if I paint them I was going to do the "fake rivets" in black satin power coat

Any thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would look good. You can also get away with not painting them since your grill is black, would flow together. I prefer them painted but in your case it would look good either way. That's definitely a tough call lol. Truck looks awesome by the way.

SJP_1809

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I say no fender flares. If you have to have them get OEM not those horrible Bushwacker flares or whatever they are called.

OP
OP
bobbybones

bobbybones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That would look good. You can also get away with not painting them since your grill is black, would flow together. I prefer them painted but in your case it would look good either way. That's definitely a tough call lol. Truck looks awesome by the way.

Thanks and that is why I am torn the black was suggested by the guy that installed the lift kit to breakup the red in the side and a few friends think paint and I added the black bolt heads but I am stuck on the black look to bring together the grill step sides and badging
So I just can't decide

BogsRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I went with the kit from BDS and used the 2" spacer for now

Nice! Your truck has the height look I want....not to much wheel gap.
I am gonna hopefully order a Zone 4" next month, but have been back and forth between 2"or 3" rear so many times. Think your truck made up my mind.

mattyk2188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
I always feel the non painted black comes off looking a little cheap, like you ran out of money to paint them or something. No offense to those rolling around with unpainted. I am personally a cheap *******

OP
OP
bobbybones

bobbybones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I didn't want the rake and for now it is level within 1/2 " and if I decide to change to the 3" coils I can add the 5100 bilsteins to get back to level

Last edited:

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I always feel the non painted black comes off looking a little cheap, like you ran out of money to paint them or something. No offense to those rolling around with unpainted. I am personally a cheap *******

That's how I've always felt but I think it would look good in his case. Depending where ya live it would be nice not having them painted cause mine are getting chewed up after 5 years of PA cinders on the road. One less thing to worry about then.

OP
OP
bobbybones

bobbybones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Me too but want it right so looking like painted