HBS 2.5" level kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stag556

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this has been a common topic but the more I search through old threads, the more questions I have.

1. Do I need wheel spacers to continue to use my stock 20" wheels and tires?

2. Will 2.5" give me an exact height to the rear?

Thanks in advance, something that seems so simple is giving me a headache. I've at least narrowed my selection down to the HBS kit based on all the positive reviews here.

monettejb

2018 Hydro Blue Edition Ram 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this has been a common topic but the more I search through old threads, the more questions I have.

1. Do I need wheel spacers to continue to use my stock 20" wheels and tires?

2. Will 2.5" give me an exact height to the rear?

Thanks in advance, something that seems so simple is giving me a headache. I've at least narrowed my selection down to the HBS kit based on all the positive reviews here.

You gotta do the research but I'll help you out. If you go to lifted type in "level" in the search forum after entering same and you can find a lot. Or type in leveling and search.

I've heard the 2.5" on some levels perfectly and some say it still sits a little lower in the front. I've also read most recently that some do settle a bit causing it not to be as high. You will not need spacers for stock tires and rims and you can run up to a 275/65/20 with no rubbing I do believe.

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good choice on the HBS kit, i do like mine!

are you looking to put bigger tires on?? if your looking to put say... 35x12.5 tires on then yes you will need spacers to use your stock wheels.

It seems confusing but honestly its really simple, if you want to know if it will level the front to the same as the rear, measure the height from the ground to the top of your fender, then do the same for the rear. and the difference between those 2 is how much youd need to level it out!

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you aren't changing your tires then no spacers are needed for the stock rims.

I'm pretty sure a 2.5" will give you almost a dead on level. The 4x4's though tend to be a little higher in the rear, but if you want to make sure, just take a tape measure and get the length from top of the tire to the fender on the front and back and calculate the difference.

OP
OP
S

Stag556

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info. Measuring the front and rear heights makes sense. I plan on going with different wheels and tires eventually but that's later on down the road.

OP
OP
S

Stag556

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Of course I call HBS and they are still in the process of determining if their 2.5" level kit will fit on 2013's. I finally make up my mind and I have to wait again...