Lift kit + Largest tire size on 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd Mega Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awsmith91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey folks!

I recently purchased a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 2WD with the 5.7 hemi. It is stock suspension and stock tires. My last Ram was a 2003 1500 2WD and I put a 2.5 inch lift/level kit on it from Rough Country to lift that saggy front a little bit (Rear was still raked), and I ran 32 inch tires on it and it was perfect. Is there a lift kit out there for my new truck? I can't seem to find anything specifically for the mega cab, and some of the 2WD kits I've found say that Mega Cabs don't work with them.

However, if no lift kits exist for these, do you guys know what the max tire size is I can put on the stock 17 inch rims?

Thank you!

EDIT: After doing more reading and inspecting the vehicle further, it appears that this year of Mega Cabs were built on 2500 frames? If that is the case, then would I be looking for 2WD 2500 lift kits instead? Honestly I almost think just some slightly beefier springs would do the trick plus whatever tire size I can fit on the stock height suspension. I don't need much lift and I imagine the front springs are a little worn by now anyway.

OP
OP
A

awsmith91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone!!

In case anyone ends up searching for the same thing at some point, this is what I found:

This seems to be the only real option that allows for actual bolt on performance. If you go spacers or springs the alignment is a pain. I know because that’s what I did on my 2003 and as the lower control arm is pushed down from the extra height you need some other equipment to correct all that.

This kit has blocks and brake lines at all. It is expensive but it retains all the original geometry.

Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357