Level Kit Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oliverguyBrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New member. Want to put 305/65 R 18 BF Goodrich on Moto Metal 18 in. rims. I need a level kit and can't decide between 2.5" HBS level or Rough Country 2.5"F 0.75"R level. Opinions on which one is preferred?

JP03

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003/1964
Engine
Cummins 5.9
i say hbs they are a vendor

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
HBS man!

Dont do the rear, that will put a rake back in it.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum. :) I've heard nothing but good things about HBS kits and they are a vendor here on the forum.

OP
OP
O

oliverguyBrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody have the Moto Metal 961 black rims with red inserts on their truck?

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I almost bought the 961's because the look almost like the Ballistic Jesters that they no longer make in our bolt patt..

I just bought a 2" HBS kit, looks like solid stuff!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
definitely HBS. and just like 0212353 said, the rough country with the spacers for the back just puts rake back in so i don't understand why they call it a level kit.

Wayne084

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Rough Country add is a LIE! the .75" rear spacer has been replaced with a 1.75" rear spacer, and their 2.5" front achieves 2" of lift at most, so basically this whole kit is a useless bunch of garbage if you're looking to level your truck (and a waste of money). Then when you call and complain that they didn't send you the correct size spacer that they advertised, they basically tell you tough **** until you harass the hell out of them for days and end up looking like the bad guy. I personally will never buy anything from RCX again.

That being said, the quality of the front steel spacers is generally the same across the board. Another option that you should consider would be the bilstein adjustable shocks. Alot of people buy the spacers then wish they had have went with the bilsteins.

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
That being said, the quality of the front steel spacers is generally the same across the board. Another option that you should consider would be the bilstein adjustable shocks. Alot of people buy the spacers then wish they had have went with the bilsteins.

Alot of people like the Bilstein adjustables

SMITHY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Dodge Ram Quad 4x4
Engine
4.7 Magnum
The Rough Country add is a LIE! the .75" rear spacer has been replaced with a 1.75" rear spacer, and their 2.5" front achieves 2" of lift at most, so basically this whole kit is a useless bunch of garbage if you're looking to level your truck (and a waste of money). Then when you call and complain that they didn't send you the correct size spacer that they advertised, they basically tell you tough **** until you harass the hell out of them for days and end up looking like the bad guy. I personally will never buy anything from RCX again.

And you want me to buy this from you? LOL....I did call them for questions yesterday, some idiot Todd and he was a ********! I will not be buying their product for sure! No customer service at all!

SMITHY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Dodge Ram Quad 4x4
Engine
4.7 Magnum
That is the route I think I am gonna go! Raise them to 2.8 the max, and get a small spacer for the rear. Don't want the front sitting higher than the back.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
That is the route I think I am gonna go! Raise them to 2.8 the max, and get a small spacer for the rear. Don't want the front sitting higher than the back.

You might want to get them first then see if you still need something for the rear. I know of quite a few trucks that run the Bilsteins at 2.8" and no spacer in the back and it sits almost dead even.

Wayne084

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yah, it's funny, I was originally planning to go with an rcx lift 100% but because they were so horrible to deal with about their own error, they lost out. I am sure hey would have more than made up for the $50 spacer when I bought the lift.... oh well, what's bad for rcx is good for BDS

discojables

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Last edited: