Lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I know I've asked about lifts in the past, but I'm still looking for a good priced lift. I don't want to spend too much but I don't want to get a crap quality lift. If anyone can give there opinions on what I should look into I'd really appreciate any help. Also I would love to stay under $1k but I know that's probably unlikely so ill say try to stay under $1,500.

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you opposed to a body lift? They are $375 and give you a 3" lift very affordable.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Are you opposed to a body lift? They are $375 and give you a 3" lift very affordable.

I'm with him. I'd look into the performance accessories body lift or something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What argray90 asked ^^^

You could do a body lift and Bilstein's (level kit) and you'll be between $1000-$1500 installed according in the parts and labor. Sub $800 doing it yourself (in case you need to rent a spring compressor or pay to get this part done)

If you're only looking to do a suspension lift, then RCX offers you the best bang for the buck.

Now we are running a July 4th sale (sort of a grand opening for us too) that can get you a lift kit much less than after July 4th
Just throwing that out there and no pressure from me. Just making you aware :Big Laugh:

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I already have a level on my truck, but I heard that body lifts make the ride stiffer and rougher, is this true?

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I already have a level on my truck, but I heard that body lifts make the ride stiffer and rougher, is this true?

When I had mine, i did not notice any stiffness or a rougher ride. All you doing is lifting the body from the frame.
The one thing I did not like and why its removed...is the creaking I got. And also the added body roll and the feel of body soft when accelerating or braking hard.
But Im picky and not everyone is like me.
Many run it here and love. It just wasn't for me.
I had this on top of my 6" and Bilsteins. So I was 11" high for about 3-4 weeks and then down she went and never looked back.

Not sure if this helps....but it's my own personal feel of it.
Other than that, you get exactly what you want. Lift

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not too expensive to where I will be out like 2k so I might just get it and see. But I also have a bull bar that will probably have to come off. Will my nerf bars still be able to stay on?

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nerf bars can stay but you would need to fab a mount for the bull bar. I didn't want to jack with it so I said screw it. I love the body lift personally it gave me the additional lift I wanted at an affordable price since I did the work myself.

monettejb

2018 Hydro Blue Edition Ram 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2" HBS Level and a 1.25" Bodylift. I love the way it came out and wouldn't want it any higher. Well I mean I would but for the sake of my child and finance, it's hard to get in and out of without running boards; even for me! Another option is the MOPAR kit that's offered. It's supposedly like a 2" all the way around, it comes with new adjustable Bilstein shocks for the front, regular bilstein's for the rear and new springs for the rear. I know 2" doesn't sound like a lot but from the folks I've seen use it, they gained like 3+. I know that's sounds wild, but just do some research. Not sure if it was this forum or another one, but one guy put it on his 2011 and then on his 2013 when he traded the 2011 in. So he liked the kit enough he bought it twice! The 2" Level and 1.25" body lift cost me 750 for parts, install, and alignment. Of course I also got a deal cause I knew the shop owner.