SPACER LEVEL KIT = STAR case 2014 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

War Machine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
oh i see...makes sense.

byt he way i didn't mean 5100;'s in addition to the pro comp kit. meant instead of the kit.

anyone have thoughts on the 6" pro comp kit? looking at part number K2084B specifically.

I had the 6" ProComp kit on my '09 1500 and had no issues with it. I did not however notice any difference between the RCX kits I used on my '11 and '13.

I ordered the Zone control arms today. I'll post some pics when I install them on Friday

BLACK2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
@WAR MACHINE I owe u one brother. I just looked at zoneoff road install diagram and it says not to use their uca with bilstiens or spacer kits. Im so disappointed in dodge right now. Im wanna wait on u to find out differently. maybe ill just order the ready lift ones which seem too offer a lil more.

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
@WAR MACHINE I owe u one brother. I just looked at zoneoff road install diagram and it says not to use their uca with bilstiens or spacer kits. Im so disappointed in dodge right now. Im wanna wait on u to find out differently. maybe ill just order the ready lift ones which seem too offer a lil more.

Are the other options for aftermarket UCA's compatible with bilsteins? I wonder if it's a fitment issue or more of a liability thing where it will work just fine but they have to say that just in case..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLACK2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I dont know war machine will be the tester.

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Now im scared to fing drive my truck.

I'm not really sure if mine is ball joint related or not, I think it's either that or tie rod, but I'm seeing some very uneven tire wear, but nothing much more than that

War Machine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
According to the instructions the control arms include levelling spacers for the struts, so they're saying that so you don't combine two levelling kits. The instructions are for the D2201 level kit but they overlap to the D2301 UCA kit. If you think about it they're designed to compensate for the angle change in a truck with a level kit. The angle in a 6" kit is close to stock due to the longer steering knuckle. So in theory they should compensate for the angle change with Bilsteins added. I've got a BDS kit in my shop and I'm going to compare the overall length of the steering knuckle to the one in my RCX and see if there is any variance.

BLACK2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I read so far about fabtech, readylift and total chaos. Right now ready lift seems to express for lifted applications more than the others. Not saying they wont but this is some BS!

War Machine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't worry bro the Zone ones will work, it's just the overlap of not writing separate instructions

"Upgrade your late model lifted or leveled Ram 1500 with this set of heavy duty upper control arms."

Last edited:

BLACK2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
According to the instructions the control arms include levelling spacers for the struts, so they're saying that so you don't combine two levelling kits. The instructions are for the D2201 level kit but they overlap to the D2301 UCA kit. If you think about it they're designed to compensate for the angle change in a truck with a level kit. The angle in a 6" kit is close to stock due to the longer steering knuckle. So in theory they should compensate for the angle change with Bilsteins added. I've got a BDS kit in my shop and I'm going to compare the overall length of the steering knuckle to the one in my RCX and see if there is any variance.

I was thinking that. cause u add nearly 4 in with the knuckles. Which in theory give u added length "stock length" now add a spacer/bilstiens up to 2in the contol arms should now just start to droop. Have u talked to zone personally? Would u recommend not driving it?

War Machine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was thinking that. cause u add nearly 4 in with the knuckles. Which in theory give u added length "stock length" now add a spacer/bilstiens up to 2in the contol arms should now just start to droop. Have u talked to zone personally? Would u recommend not driving it?

It's probably fine to drive, I never would have noticed this on my truck had I not been on here. I ordered them because my vehicles have to be perfect or it drives me crazy. Plus they're probably better for running my 100lbs 38" Toyos. I haven't talked to Zone but they have to be better than our stock ones.

BLACK2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well I was informed yesterday after my alignment. So ive been trying to figure something out. glad ur on top of things. Good luck! keep us posted if all goes good ill be purchasing the zone UCA's.

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
I emailed zone today about their UCA's.

I asked if their UCA Offroad 2" Adventure Series 12-14 Ram kit has been used or tested with bilstein adjustable 5100's? If so what settings can be used in conjuction with the Zone UCA's?

I'll have to call them to get a better answer but below is their reply:

Yes the arm can be used in any leveling kit up to 2.5” tall. I hope this info helps.

Jeremy Gauss
Sport Truck USA Inc. - An Employee Owned Company
(P) 888-998-9663 ext. 165
(F) 517-278-2316

BLACK2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Im at work right now or id make the call. Mine must be really loose cause everytime a hit a bump im hearing a crazy metal on metal. Hopefully I can last till next week.

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
I just got off the phone with Zone, The reason they haven't come out with a leveling kit of their own until now due to the stress of the ball joint on the stock UCA. Zones UCA is designed to take the stress off the upper balljoint.

The stock UCA ball joint is maxed out on a level or 2" or more.

Zone did say running 5100's maxed @ 2.8 would be ok, but they would not recommend more than the maximum setting on the 5100 for use with their UCA ball joint.

Using Zones UCA would allow for max travel when leveled with a spacer or 5100 without undue stress on the UCA ball joint.

Hope this helps in your decision, Its also something I am looking at if I see any problems arise with the stock UCA ball joint.

I do find it odd they emailed me They can be used with 5100's maxed, but it states on the installation instructions:
Do not use this kit with Bilstein
leveling struts, or with any other form
of suspension lift.

Last edited:

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I just got off the phone with Zone, The reason they haven't come out with a leveling kit of their own until now due to the stress of the ball joint on the stock UCA. Zones UCA is designed to take the stress off the upper balljoint.

The stock UCA ball joint is maxed out on a level or 2" or more.

Zone did say running 5100's maxed @ 2.8 would be ok, but they would not recommend more than the maximum setting on the 5100 for use with their UCA ball joint.

Using Zones UCA would allow for max travel when leveled with a spacer or 5100 without undue stress on the UCA ball joint.

Hope this helps in your decision, Its also something I am looking at if I see any problems arise with the stock UCA ball joint.

I do find it odd they emailed me They can be used with 5100's maxed, but it states on the installation instructions:
Do not use this kit with Bilstein
leveling struts, or with any other form
of suspension lift.

By no more than Bilsteins at 2.8 is that only for leveling? I'm assuming they still work with a 6" lift, 3" body lift, etc..

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
you will have to call them for that answer I only asked about leveling and 5100's

call Jeremy Gauss 888-998-9663 ext. 165

By no more than Bilsteins at 2.8 is that only for leveling? I'm assuming they still work with a 6" lift, 3" body lift, etc..

War Machine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I might not be installing the UCAs I ordered. There's a chance, although slim I might trade my truck in on a '14 3500 Black Edition Laramie tomorrow. Trying to decide if I really want to spend the $80K on it or not tonight lol

11BPSMIKE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone searched part numbers of the upper control arms from the last three years to see what has changed? There is thousand of these trucks driving around with levelling kits. I need to get rid of the rake I have and was going to do HBS 2" or bilsteins if they ever become available. Is this happening on a 2" level or just the 2.5 to 2.8?