Steering stabilizers? dumb question :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
hey guyes, possibly a stupid question :p my 2015 ram sport 1500 with a 6" zone suspention lift rolling on 37's.... it has sway bars front and rear.... is it possible to get steering stabilizers in this setup as well? is that a thing for 1500? or just 2500+? they can provide so much for the ride and control...

i feel like i got alot of body roll and slight minimal control, i feel like i need to stiffen it up. More dampen.....dont hate on me! i hope this all makes sense.

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A steering stabilzer won't help with body roll.
Upgrading the sway bar(s) will help though.
I have Hellwig sway bars front & rear and the difference is - wow!

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i know it wont help body roll, is it possible to get them ? like will they work on a 1500? not sure. & i e-mailed hellwig and they only said they only can offer bars for the rear not front..

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
With the 1500 using a rack and pinion rather than a steering box I don't believe you can add one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i know it wont help body roll, is it possible to get them ? like will they work on a 1500? not sure. & i e-mailed hellwig and they only said they only can offer bars for the rear not front..

You CAN get them (although I don't see them listed for 13+), but as Metalizer said, they'd be pretty much for looks on a 1500.

On the 4x4's, the stock front sway bars are pretty stout as is. The rear is a different story.

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
really eh....hmmmm can anyone supply me with a link to swaybars? i currently got one upfront and rear...i think they are from the zone suspension... it just feels like when i hit a groove in the road or a bump the truck feels like its going around massive hill and it just body rolls ...i dont know its so hard to explain...steering has slight play....mostly feels like minimal control on the road. i dont feel attached. :(

bang0062

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have never been able to find one for the 1500's and I do not believe it would work with that steering system as mentioned above. I do recommend Hellwig rear sway bar, huge improvement!

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have never been able to find one for the 1500's and I do not believe it would work with that steering system as mentioned above. I do recommend Hellwig rear sway bar, huge improvement!
are they that good? like i said i already got one in the rear? if i upgade that will i notice much?...? and can someone get me a link price? im in canada and i cannot find nothing.

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BDS makes a dual steering stabilizer for our trucks but it uses holes on their front crossmember. If zone has the same holes you can probably use them.

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yeah okay, i just dont know why it feels like this? its just bad...when i drive with decent winds i can feel the truck just constantly tilting. hitting a bump and my steering wheel just goes nuts lol and i just feel the tires wobble around it..like i said its hard to explain....i duno what els to do to improve it and make it sturdy and strong while driving like i got control not the truck just wondering.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With tires that size you tend to lose the "connection" with the road. The body roll is probably due to your height, the higher the truck, typically the more you'll feel body roll. Check your tie rod ends if you're experiencing bump steer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Steering stabilizers aren't going to do anything on a 1500 with rack and pinion steering. If you're having bump steer issues there's another problem. I'd be checking over the steering system (tie rods and rack and pinion) to make sure they aren't worn out. Make sure everything was installed correctly when the lift was done and was tightened up to the proper torque spec. Anything loose will obviously create play.

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 14' crew cab. 6" superlift and zone 1.5 body lift. I'm running 37/12.50/20 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's. I had a bit of wondering with it too. I had a good alignment put on it and it drives straight and stable. The front sway bar is good on the 4X4. The rear can be upgraded with the hellwig. That's what I have. I also have heim jointed sway bar end links. The sway bar in the back helped a lot. I noticed most of the improvements going over expansion joints on the highway. Especially if there was a curve or odd surface with it. I still drive it like I stole it. There's definitely more body roll in it, but I'm like 9-10 inches higher. Bilsteins helped too. It never stops.