Tuff Country 4 inch lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
looks like just a bunch of spacers to me

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
All Im gonna say is you get what you pay for. Theres probably a reason its so cheap...

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
id go rough country but not tuff country

shocking14u

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Ram 2500
Engine
Diesel
This is kind of the latest trend in 4" lift kits, using upper a arms, differential and strut drops. This is a budget system over a full sub-frame and knuckle kit. Rough Country makes similar kits for Chevy and Ford and more than likely will have a similar kit like the Tuff Country soon.

While this is a new kit on the market and I have never installed one, I would always choose Tuff Country over Rough Country. The difference? Rough Country is made in China, Tuff Country made in the USA.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was under the impression rough country was made here in the states, and they did a good job and I know they are always updating parts with better/ new designed parts

shocking14u

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Ram 2500
Engine
Diesel
Not saying all Rough Country parts are made in china, but most of the brackets, steering knuckles, etc., are. And more and more they seem to be putting out cheeper parts. I am not bashing them in any way though as I know many have had success with their parts.

I have installed both brands on several trucks and talked with both companies tech lines over the years and I get much straighter answers to my questions from Tuff Country. Not to mention I like the fit of the Tuff Country.

While there are even better products out there (ICON,Carli, Excel, Etc.), Tuff Country is what I would prefer to go with on a budget system, the discussion here seems to be about a budget lift.

dirtridersr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If anyone has this they should post a review, I'm curious, looks to good to be true

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
4" seems a bit much without at least dropping the front diff, id be a bit iffy about the stock length spindles too but that may be ok, their arms should obviously be made for the setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

express20122

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know of someone who just put this lift on. It uses a preload spacer and a top spacer on front strut it lowered the sway bar with a simple bracket. And has a bump stop right under upper control arm which are new also . the brackets bolt where holes already exist . The rear is a 2.25 spacer all parts bolt on and can be removed without any permanent alteration. It looks good cv angle is increased but dosent look any worse than some rocky ridges I have seen. I drove it and seemed no different than stock ride. In 4 wheel i stepped on it. It had wobble in steering wheel but so dosent mine with bilstiens and honestly I think a stock truck will do it to some degree. Hope this info is helpful. I think it's a inexpensive 4 " lift my only wonder is the cv angle over time?

Calegg11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
really wish there was more info on this. Only reason it looks good is there is no cutting. The CV angle is definitely and issue though in my thoughts.