12 ram with 13+ TYC projectors.. Not impressed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rammitman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went from the dual stockers to a set of tyc projectors today. Non hid. I gotta say the low beams are great but the high beams still suck. What am I missing here? Highs were the main reason I changed lights.

Attachments

• 20160415_174522.jpg
    20160415_174522.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 143

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought a set of led headlight for my projectors waiting on delivery

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The stock bulbs still suck. You need to get a hid kit

He's right.

And don't cheap out. I ran Ebay Hids for 3 years and had the ballasts replaced 5 times before I bit the bullet and went Morimoto. Hit up JJ for a set

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it's like my mh1's then yes, it's the same bulb (for highs) with the solenoid opening up.

Thedarktitan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went from the dual stockers to a set of tyc projectors today. Non hid. I gotta say the low beams are great but the high beams still suck. What am I missing here? Highs were the main reason I changed lights.

I'm with ya. Got the tycs installed on my 13 and I'm really let down with the lighting. Except high seem to be good, it is the lows that seem to be not so good. A lot of shadowing.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ab, I'm thinking you and I are chasing the same headlight unicorn.

To the OP. You're not alone in being disappointed in your aftermarket headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Rammitman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hid's in this light would be low beam only. My wife's citadel has the best lights I've ever seen. They're hid yes but again only on low. I just want more high beam! $700 for these and I could have just gotten a light bar and had 400x more light haha. And I'm still not sold on led head lights but I'm intrigued

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have TYC's and like them. Hid's are a must and make sure they are properly adjusted.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like your low beam shields are not lifting when you hit the highs.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have TYC's and like them. Hid's are a must and make sure they are properly adjusted.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

This ^^

I ran both OEM projectors as well as the TYC projectors. Their output with regular halogen bulbs both sucked. I tried some LED bulbs in the projectors and I wasn't impressed with that either. I now run HIDs in my stock low beam on the projectors and it's a night and day difference. I never use my high beams except to flash if needed. Definitely get some HIDs in there.

OP
OP
R

Rammitman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hids it is then. Now the question is, which brand is the best? I've seen a lot about morimotos and retroshop has them I think, which is where I got my tyc's from

OP
OP
R

Rammitman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also have a great deal of shading but I think I can adjust that out somewhat.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check my post on monday providing they arrive i will be installing my led's in my factory projectors

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Get the hid kit from retroshop. Best customer service and answers all questions. I ran his hid kit in my 09 and never had an issue. I'm currently running a set of switchbacks and his wire harness on my 16. He sent me one set of resistors. When I installed them I was still getting a bulb out msg. Sent jj a msg. He figured out that on the new 16's you need 2 resistors per side. He had another set of resistors in the mail that night. He's the only one I'll buy from.

OP
OP
R

Rammitman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check my post on monday providing they arrive i will be installing my led's in my factory projectors

I am curious to see how they turn out. I'd love to have led's if they'll be bright enough. I'm just leery of the fans on them. No doubt though they'll be the light bulb of choice in a few years

OP
OP
R

Rammitman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm impressed with the guys at retro. I ordered my tycs and they were on their way to me that night. Their wire harness is as good or better quality than the truck harness.