TYC Projectors Issues With Passenger Turn Signal & DRL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyinb501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Guys, I've been running the TYC projectors with the Morimoto HID's for a couple years with no issues, other than the warning lights on the dash. Recently one of my ballasts went out so after replacing that I noticed that the turn signal / day time running light was flickering a little bit on the passenger side. I unplugged the two resistors and that seemed to correct it, but inside the truck the blinker was flashing really fast as if it was out (even though it was functioning normally).

I went a couple weeks like that, and then started messing with it again with the resistors. Now all of a sudden the amber turn signal and day time running lights are completely out. Could these have burnt out, and are they replaceable? On first glance I didn't see how to take them out. I wasn't sure if it was a bulb or an LED board, or what. I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

OP
OP
F

flyinb501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update: I swapped the passenger side headlight to the drivers side and it works properly on the drivers side. So nothing wrong with the TYC projector itself. I noticed the connectors were a little corroded so I tried to clean them up and added some dielectric grease, and put them back together. Now the blinker is working but the day time running light is still not working for some reason.