42" Curved Light Bar in Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BCMark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a set of brackets from Turblown03 for this and they worked perfectly. Love how the curved 42" bar looks in the slot on the Sport bumpers. Brackets made it so that it mounts to the factory tow hook locations and the light bar sits nice and flush with the front of the bumper.

Sorry, not the greatest pics took them right after soaking the whole truck down (was actually just testing the drains on the tonneau cover and how waterproof it is). Also, the lightbar is tilted up slightly but i tilted it back down to point straight ahead after pics were taken.

TCYxsX.jpg

xh7zzk.jpg

sv85Ng.jpg

OP
OP
B

BCMark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good. I'm wanting to do this to my truck as well. Couple questions..

How do I go about getting those same brackets?

Which brand/model light bar is that?

Could try PM'ing Turblown03 about the mounts and see if he still has any to sell, not sure if he is still making them or has any left over. Great guy to deal with though!

As for the lightbar, it's just a cheap 42" curved 240w one from Ebay, they all look the same and I'm sure have the same dimensions. I could look up which one I purchased if you want the exact seller I bought from.

Space Monkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Could try PM'ing Turblown03 about the mounts and see if he still has any to sell, not sure if he is still making them or has any left over. Great guy to deal with though!

As for the lightbar, it's just a cheap 42" curved 240w one from Ebay, they all look the same and I'm sure have the same dimensions. I could look up which one I purchased if you want the exact seller I bought from.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I'll give him a shout and see.

OP
OP
B

BCMark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly I can't remember, was a few months ago I bought them and they have been sitting in my garage waiting for a light bar. Wasn't much though.

I tried to check for the pm that had the price but had to clear out my old PM's since my box was full. Just send him a PM if you're interested, like I said nice guy to deal with.

If he's not selling them anymore I can get some pics and measurements, there isn't much to them.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Post pics of lightbar in action please kind sir.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Looks good. I'm wanting to do this to my truck as well. Couple questions..

How do I go about getting those same brackets?

Which brand/model light bar is that?

Just pm him. He responds quick and a nice guy..

Light bar looks good. I love mine too

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alteredoffroad is working on some brackets for our trucks. As far as I know they'll be the first company to produce them for us. They have multiple pics on their Instagram but they're not available yet. I have the standard double row curved bar everyone is running but lately I've been wondering what a single row curved bar would look like. They seem to be available a little longer like 44-45" which would fully fill the gap perfectly. I've yet to see someone with a single row tho.

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alteredoffroad is working on some brackets for our trucks. As far as I know they'll be the first company to produce them for us. They have multiple pics on their Instagram but they're not available yet. I have the standard double row curved bar everyone is running but lately I've been wondering what a single row curved bar would look like. They seem to be available a little longer like 44-45" which would fully fill the gap perfectly. I've yet to see someone with a single row tho.

Yep, I want to try a single row also. I have my eye on one in particular and about to pull the trigger hopefully.

OP
OP
B

BCMark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I don't think a full length bar would be able to sit flush, the tow hook mounts might push it out to far. Would have to double check by looking underneath to be sure can't remember exactly.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

That's great but guarantee they won't be $35

The 42" bar fits the 09-12 bumpers almost flush. I know the 13+ have more space. Guess that's what you get with the vertical fog lights.

freshane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the same bar for like $100 can't believe how much they have went down in price. You can easily make your own mounts all u need is a 4" by 2" piece of steel then cut some angles in the corners so it doesn't hit the bolt. Light output is well worth it. Did you put the plastic pieces back in the bumper to make for a cleaner install? I cut mine a bit but having a hard time getting them in the bumper without taking the light bar off.

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 15 there's a few inches on both sides. Nothing terrible but a little bit longer bar would fill the gap better.

I can't imagine single row would affect anything as far as sitting flush

That's great but guarantee they won't be $35

The 42" bar fits the 09-12 bumpers almost flush. I know the 13+ have more space. Guess that's what you get with the vertical fog lights.

easydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
exterior lights

Where did you get you power feed for the light, Do the high beams operate it?

Easydog

OP
OP
B

BCMark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like how it sits flush with the width that it's at. I don't think you'll have enough depth for a longer bar but could be wrong on that.

I didn't put the plastic pieces back in, I might still do that. Tried a test fit looking at it and it's pretty tight to try and get them back in using factory clips on them and not attaching them some other way.

The bar I bought was pretty cheap about $120-$130 I think. Came with everything including relay and inline fuse. Just ran power and ground right off the battery and wire for the switch through the hole I drilled in my firewall for my 0awg power wire running to my amps. Switch is mounted by my right knee and I find it comfortable where it is, easy to reach and pretty much out of sight.

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Whats he charge for the brackets

Last I talked to him the other week, he was in between machines and does not currently have any/cannot make any at the moment. I was quoted $35 for a set of brackets though.