Adding Front ParkSense

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shipmasta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
I recently purchased a 2015 2500 Laramie. The truck has rear ParkSense. What would it take to add the front ParkSense? I know I will need the sensors and I believe there is a separate button to enable/disable the front, so I would probably need to replace the switch panel where that is located.

Anybody add front ParkSense? I know aftermarket kits are available, but would like to go with factory if possible.

Thanks.:favorites13:

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It's not possible to add factory front park sense without a lot of money and time being put into it. You'd need the sensors,clips for the sensors,wiring,possible a new module,switch bank, then somehow get the sales code added and hope it will work.

nforkram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I bought a used 2013 1500 Laramie that has the rear parksense but not the front. Seems in the manual, the front wasn't available for 2013. But seems like you'd want both. Would add it if I could but probably way harder than worth it.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i added a front camera.what a difference in parking.especially with my big ass winch out front.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I recently purchased a 2015 2500 Laramie. The truck has rear ParkSense. What would it take to add the front ParkSense? I know I will need the sensors and I believe there is a separate button to enable/disable the front, so I would probably need to replace the switch panel where that is located.

Anybody add front ParkSense? I know aftermarket kits are available, but would like to go with factory if possible.

I added the front parksense to my 2016 2500 tradesman today. My truck came from the factory with rear parksense also. If your truck was like mine, the wiring for the front parksense will already be in place. If you look under your front bumper on the drivers side, you should see a six pin connector mounted there. There will be wires on one side of it and none coming out the other. I replaced my whole front bumper with one from a Laramie, which had fogs and the parksense in it. Got it from a salvage yard for less than $500. I just plugged the connector from the new bumper into the existing wiring connector that was there but not used.

You will also need to change the button panel and the parksense module. Each were around $75. The parksense module is located behind the drivers side kick panel. The other end of the six pin connector was taped up there by the parksense module.

It does seem to work, but I am not sure if it is working like from the factory. When I get close to something with the rear of the truck, I get a little truck icon on my evic with some markings letting me know how close I am. With the front parksense I don't get this, I just get an audible alarm that gets louder as I get closer to something. Can someone with factory front parksense kind of eloborate on how it works and what you see?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I added the front parksense to my 2016 2500 tradesman today. My truck came from the factory with rear parksense also. If your truck was like mine, the wiring for the front parksense will already be in place. If you look under your front bumper on the drivers side, you should see a six pin connector mounted there. There will be wires on one side of it and none coming out the other. I replaced my whole front bumper with one from a Laramie, which had fogs and the parksense in it. Got it from a salvage yard for less than $500. I just plugged the connector from the new bumper into the existing wiring connector that was there but not used.

You will also need to change the button panel and the parksense module. Each were around $75. The parksense module is located behind the drivers side kick panel. The other end of the six pin connector was taped up there by the parksense module.

It does seem to work, but I am not sure if it is working like from the factory. When I get close to something with the rear of the truck, I get a little truck icon on my evic with some markings letting me know how close I am. With the front parksense I don't get this, I just get an audible alarm that gets louder as I get closer to something. Can someone with factory front parksense kind of eloborate on how it works and what you see?

With factory front park sensors you get the same markings shown as you get closer to the object as you have with the rear.

One reason it's not functioning like factory is because your truck doesn't have the sales code added to it for front park sensors. It's also not a mopar accessory that can be added in the conventional way. Getting a non accessory sales code added to your truck can be done but it's tricky. You'd have to talk to your dealer and see if they're willing to try to get it added. They're going to have to get ahold of tech line to add the sales code, then they can do a vehicle reconfiguration and it should work. Anytime we've tried to get tech line to add a sales code, it's been hit or miss, sometimes they'll do it, others they won't.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Can someone with factory front parksense kind of eloborate on how it works and what you see?

With factory front, you get the front grid lines in the cluster just like the rear. No audible tone until 1st yellow line, then the red warning line. Outer 2 yellow lines are quiet.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
With factory front park sensors you get the same markings shown as you get closer to the object as you have with the rear.

One reason it's not functioning like factory is because your truck doesn't have the sales code added to it for front park sensors. It's also not a mopar accessory that can be added in the conventional way. Getting a non accessory sales code added to your truck can be done but it's tricky. You'd have to talk to your dealer and see if they're willing to try to get it added. They're going to have to get ahold of tech line to add the sales code, then they can do a vehicle reconfiguration and it should work. Anytime we've tried to get tech line to add a sales code, it's been hit or miss, sometimes they'll do it, others they won't.

Thanks. I actually went into the BCM with my AutoEngenuity tool and flipped on the code for the front parksense just to see if it would make a difference in the way that it reacted, but it didn't. Honestly it's ok, with me the way it is. It functions correctly, just don't get the graphic on the evic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Do the buttons operate independently of each other. IE, when you turn off the rear parksense, the message flashes on the EVIC telling you that the rear parksense is off? Or does the button led just light up?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Do the buttons operate independently of each other. IE, when you turn off the rear parksense, the message flashes on the EVIC telling you that the rear parksense is off? Or does the button led just light up?

It will say on the cluster if either the front/rear is turned off.

ncoig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Hi!

I spotted this post, and was given some hope on doing this on my 2018 Tradesman. It was quickly dashed when I went searching for these harnesses. Can you elaborate with some precision on where you found these? I looked under my driver's bumper, and all I see is an unused 8-pin (large) connector, which I think is some upfitter thing for maybe a snow plow or some such.

I also yanked my driver's side kick panel, found the rear module, but no sign of the other 6-pin connector.

Can you offer some more guidance in case I'm missing where precisely I need to look to find this?

I have rear park sense, and I'm newer, so I can't imagine I would have less than what you did in '16, but I guess you never know.

Also - do you have a P/N for the front/rear module?

-N

Last edited:

carl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm sorry to bump a two year old thread, but I'm very interested in trying this as well.
My 2013 1500 doesn't have front ParkSense because it wasn't available. It doesn't bother me too much, except we have these very low concrete blocks at work and you can't back into the spots (they're angled). They just completely disappear and a lot of people ran into them, lol... I try to use all the space I have to avoid sticking out.

I found out you can add the code to a 2013 computer, though.
I can get the sensors (used) pretty much for free, but I wonder where they need to plug in to? Does it go to the BCM? Where are these wires?

Thank you for sharing your experience, very interesting! Do you have any idea if it's the same on 1500's? Do they have a seperate ParkSense module as well?
I assume the wiring isn't there because front sensors were not available, but it sounds like it's as easy as running a wire with a 6 pin connector to the bumper? Except my module probably won't have an input for front sensors?

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

The best thing to do I would say is to try and find a bumper in the junk yard or on EBAY. Number one if you drill your own bumper its only going to rust out and dripping rust does not look cool. My friend did it on his Laramie also, it was a junk yard bumper he got. Good Luck

RebelRancor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i added a front camera.what a difference in parking.especially with my big ass winch out front.
What did you need to wire in a front cam? I have the frontcam setting turned on but havent bought a kit yet to do it

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
What did you need to wire in a front cam? I have the frontcam setting turned on but havent bought a kit yet to do it
i can't recall.it was on my 2012 truck that i sold back in '21.i had a shop do the camera,under seat sub and remote starter all at once.