Front door functions reversed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbfinsfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2012 Ram Laramie Longhorn

I had the body shop replace the driver's side exterior door handle. I broke the original one when the door was frozen shut. Now the "unlock all doors" and "radio turn off" work when the front passenger door is open. The driver's door does not do these functions when opened. It should be the other way around. The body shop says I probably need to have the computer reprogrammed.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Unlock all doors not working sounds like a wire loose in the arm rest control unit. The radio not shutting off also may be a loose wire or a broken wire. I don't know why a computer would need to be reprogrammed and only be impacting such diverse issues.

The body shop needs to fix their problem, take it back immediately because if you remove the panel, they will deny liability. I think they did something to your wires.

OP
OP
K

kbfinsfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After doing some more research I found that there is a door actuator switch in the door latch. I know they had a hard time getting it connected back when putting the panel on. They are going to take the panel apart again this Friday and hopefully figure it out. They are friends of mine and will make it right. I also found out that the computer should not need to be reprogrammed. Thanks for your response.