Autoheadlight Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdxers11

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Flame Red
Engine
5.7 hemi
Any one have trouble with the autoheadlight sensitivity? Or lack, thereof? With the switch in the auto position, my headlights are still on throughout the day. Sometimes, they will be on in the garage, and turn off when I back out of the garage into daylight, but turn back on in the middle of the road. Can this be adjusted? Thanks!

muscleram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just turn that off and use the headlight switch when u need lights on. It's a safety issue. I've seen people going through intersections and the sensor is undecided so it almost appears the driver is flashing the lights at you to let you turn in front of them. One day it's gonna cause a crash. Or you will be behind some one and they will think you are flashing them for whatever reason. How stupid are drivers that they need an auto to turn on lights when it's dark. If you want lights on reach for the switch and then them on.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Any one have trouble with the autoheadlight sensitivity? Or lack, thereof? With the switch in the auto position, my headlights are still on throughout the day. Sometimes, they will be on in the garage, and turn off when I back out of the garage into daylight, but turn back on in the middle of the road. Can this be adjusted? Thanks!
In VA where I live they glue an annual safety inspection sticker right in front of the light sensor.

If they get a little too close, the lights are on all the time. I have to specifically remind Mr. Grease-Wrench to offset it, or I have to live with the equivalent of daytime running lights for a year until the next inspection.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Mine go off and on a lot in the AM. If I go under a tree on my way to work they click on. Pass the tree off LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerzey111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same here. I asked around but no adjustment available from dealership. I just use it manually now but having them come on with wipers was nice since it's the law here