Bed liner, what do you owners have and prefer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave.c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hows it going everyone I just picked up a 2016 ram and the box is naked this is my third truck from s10, f150 and now the ram they all were used and abused but at least when I got them they had a drop in bed liner. never had an issue with either but now I'm trying to decide what to do on this ram drop in or a maybe a spray in. I usually only need my bed for a 4 wheeler. I kinda want to get the dual liner but not sure if its going to stay in place. what do you guys have what are you opinions and also what did you pay

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
There are many out there. You can look in your area and see what is out there.

Line-X is going to be the best for sure. There are a few out there that might be cheaper that will work for what you want it to do.

I've seen a lot of Rhino Linings bubble/chip/peal. That is probably one I'd stay away from.

Also, try to stay way from getting it tinted as it normally doesn't last.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I wanted a BedTred but NA for a dually so I went with Linex and a rubber mat.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my BedRug. had one in last truck and first thing I got for current RAM.

jarzo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a spray-in liner now, but my past pick-up trucks I've always used drop in bedliners. I never had an issue with the drop in liners. I like the drop-ins because of the price point. I believe you can pick up pendaliner for under $300.

Rken1288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Factory spray liner. If I didn't have that, it would be line-x. Never liked drop in liners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My tuck is actually in the Rhino Linings shop to get the bedliner sprayed in.
A spray in bed liner protect the bed's paint from scratches and if a drop-in bedliner is mounted from getting scuffed and subsequently will rust.
Drop-In bedliners are cheap and protect the truck bed very well from everything,
particularly from dings if you haul often heavy stuff.
Drop-in bedliners are slippery and you need a cargo management to avoid that your stuff slides around. A thick rubbermat above the drop-in bedliner will help with that.

There are various bedliner "paints" DY roll or spray on with limited lifetime to several types of professional spray on poliurethane coatings.
Rhino Linings is more rubberous than Line X, this may be a advantage or not.
For hardcore applications like shoveling earth and rocks line x may be more durable,
but the hard surface acts like #20 sanding paper.

Chris

reindeerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2002
Engine
Never was a fan of drop in liners. They take up space and you actually lose some interior bed dimensions. They are also slick, things slide all over the place, I fell down in the bed once because it was wet. Spray in may be the way to go. I am using a rubber bed mat. Cheap enough and it is now in my third truck after 17 years.

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
Most of my trucks have had spray in liners. Pretty nice but you pay for them. My 2007 Ranger had a drop-in hard plastic liner. It was too slick as others said. Everything scooted around in there until I laid in some anti-skip stuff.

On my RAM, I didn't feel like paying for the liner as I had driven hard bargains on some other things from the dealer. I ended up paying around $100 or less if I remember correctly. I've been very happy. Nothing skids around, it fit perfect, has the RAM logo, and seems to do everything that a liner would EXCEPT does not cover the wheel wells or sides. Two years of ownership and I haven't seen any scratches. I do carry lots of camping and hardware loads, and rock/gravel loads go on top of a tarp that I lay in there for those occasions.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I had a line x on my last truck...loved it. Went with a Bedrug this time around, which is very close in cost to line x.

Love the bedrug for my usage, just might not be optimal for all. I like that I can remove it easily, and the padding sure is nice working around back there.

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Factory spray liner. If I didn't have that, it would be line-x. Never liked drop in liners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing here. I had Line-x in my last 2 trucks, but this one has the factory one. I like it so far, time will tell how it lasts. But I know the Line-x lasts a long time and takes a beating.

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm pretty sure he means he doesn't understand why you'd put a rug in your truck bed and id agree 100%. If you put a bedrug on your truck you might as well bought an SUV. That's just my opinion. I like being able to use a truck for the purpose they were built, hauling. But for the topic, I'm going to be getting a line-x. It would be hard to get anything else knowing line-x is pretty much #1

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Drop in liner, spray, bedrug, or mat. All are excellent options. I had a my pickup rhino sprayed for 385 because i love the looks of it the best. If i hauled rock or used my truck for construction, i would go for the drop in.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure he means he doesn't understand why you'd put a rug in your truck bed and id agree 100%. If you put a bedrug on your truck you might as well bought an SUV. That's just my opinion. I like being able to use a truck for the purpose they were built, hauling. But for the topic, I'm going to be getting a line-x. It would be hard to get anything else knowing line-x is pretty much #1

I still use my truck as a truck as I did my last truck. I have no problem hauling mulch, stone. lumber, concrete pavers and such and done it many times. Do you realize that a BedRug isn't a cloth fabric? When it gets dirty I just take it to the self serve carwash and use the high pressure wand while it remains in the bed and it cleans up great.