Brake pads/rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,
It is getting close to the time I need to replace my brakes for the first time on my 2015 1500. I usually but the Autozone Gold Cermic Pads but I am wondering what everyone else uses or recommends? I am looking to do front pads and rotors, maybe rear at the same time too. Thoughts of what to get?

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The original brakes are so smooth and responsive, and had no trouble stopping my travel trailer too (I forgot to initially set up the trailer brake controller). I'm going with OEM all the way when the time comes.

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The original brakes are so smooth and responsive, and had no trouble stopping my travel trailer too (I forgot to initially set up the trailer brake controller). I'm going with OEM all the way when the time comes.

I was considering going with OEM but was hoping there may be other/possibly better parts out there.

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking at EBC possibly but also looking at other brands. I don't have experience with much other than advance brand and autozone brand.

SKS 800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I used Auto Zone Gold once. The brake dust was unacceptable and they did not last long. Yes, they guarantees there pads, but I did not feel like replacing them that often.
I now use AC Delco on all of my vehicles, minimal dust and they last. I have an '05 1500, '12 Avenger, '14 Dart & '16 3500 (factory brakes on this one still).

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used Auto Zone Gold once. The brake dust was unacceptable and they did not last long. Yes, they guarantees there pads, but I did not feel like replacing them that often.
I now use AC Delco on all of my vehicles, minimal dust and they last. I have an '05 1500, '12 Avenger, '14 Dart & '16 3500 (factory brakes on this one still).

I was considering the Autozone Max line of brakes and the 'upgraded' rotors. Which type of AC Delco do you usually get?

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just out of curiosity, how many miles do you have on your truck? Seeing that you have a 2015, I wouldn't think you should be replacing your brakes that fast, unless you tow a lot or use the crap out of them. I'm just curious, not judging at all.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Just out of curiosity, how many miles do you have on your truck? Seeing that you have a 2015, I wouldn't think you should be replacing your brakes that fast, unless you tow a lot or use the crap out of them. I'm just curious, not judging at all.

+1. Last time truck was at the $tealership, they said I needed to replace my front pads soon. I thought it was a tad early at not much over 50k on the odometer, but decided to do my first pad change. After I pulled the OEM guys off, they still had plenty of pad left. The tech exaggerated or downright lied just trying to get more work and money, evidently. Since I had the suckers off and the new pads in my other hand already, I decided to do the replacement anyway.

Asking for opinions on pads is like asking for opinions on tires... or preferred hair color on women... you're going to get a few dozen or more opinions, and none of them necessarily wrong. :favorites13:

I used the Raybestos "Enhanced Hybrid Technology" pads, known as EHT. Work well, good bang for the buck. (Less than $50 shipped.)

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I am at about 33K on the truck. I definitely have around half life left on the pads but what I am planning to do is start looking for deals or what is out there and opinions since I have time. I would rather do my due diligence now then wait for metal on metal screeching and making a bad choice last minute for what is available that day. Also buying piece by piece makes my wallet look better sometimes too.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
If you are looking to upgrade you can look at the EBC rotors and pads, the slotted and dimpled rotors and a set of there pads will really get you stopping better.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I really like powerstop products and Raybestos has come out with some really nice stuff lately.

14blackouthemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Car quest platinum ceramic work pretty good on my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XabuJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
+1. Last time truck was at the $tealership, they said I needed to replace my front pads soon. I thought it was a tad early at not much over 50k on the odometer, but decided to do my first pad change. After I pulled the OEM guys off, they still had plenty of pad left. The tech exaggerated or downright lied just trying to get more work and money, evidently. Since I had the suckers off and the new pads in my other hand already, I decided to do the replacement anyway.

Asking for opinions on pads is like asking for opinions on tires... or preferred hair color on women... you're going to get a few dozen or more opinions, and none of them necessarily wrong. :favorites13:

I used the Raybestos "Enhanced Hybrid Technology" pads, known as EHT. Work well, good bang for the buck. (Less than $50 shipped.)

+1 to this. I went 98k miles on my 2009 before one brake pad wore all the way through. Not catching it until then meant it was also time to do a rotor, but then I went with an all around upgrade, which brings me to my next point:

If you are looking to upgrade you can look at the EBC rotors and pads, the slotted and dimpled rotors and a set of there pads will really get you stopping better.

THIS. I have never had brakes in any vehicle that stop like EBC do. I did rotors and pads on all corners and holy crap the difference is amazing. It definitely took adjusting for the first couple weeks as they are very responsive.

Now, you will pay (materials alone for my truck were close to 500), but if you do the work yourself, you will save on what a shop charges. It's extremely easy to do. Given how important brakes are to your life (and others), a few hundred is but a drop in the bucket.

HDHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have '13 2500, had to replace both front & rear rotors & pads due to inside of rotors were heavily pitted & corroded, at 57800 miles I ain't happy!

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The best rotors I ever had were Brembo's on my 98 RC SB 4x4 I got 90k out of them . I am at 34k on my 11 and starting to shop around and have the parts on hand soon I am disappointed there are no Brembo's available now. I will get the slotted rotors and ceramic pads I frequently have heavy loads in the truck, and do city heavy stop & go. Right now EBC do not have the options available. I have at least a year or more in time on the pads I can wait it out but do not want to get caught in a situation of settling for local parts store crap if the go on me.

fravr1955

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just ordered a front and rear set of EBC stage 8 rotors and pads for my 2013 Longhorn hope they come sometime next week, will also add a helig rear sway bar while I am at it,

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Tell me more about this sway bar, ;)

Edit, googled it. I will be doing that along with my TTcoils.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The best rotors I ever had were Brembo's on my 98 RC SB 4x4 I got 90k out of them . I am at 34k on my 11 and starting to shop around and have the parts on hand soon I am disappointed there are no Brembo's available now. I will get the slotted rotors and ceramic pads I frequently have heavy loads in the truck, and do city heavy stop & go. Right now EBC do not have the options available. I have at least a year or more in time on the pads I can wait it out but do not want to get caught in a situation of settling for local parts store crap if the go on me.

This is exactly why I am doing the searching and gathering info now. I put Autozone duralast gold on my buddys truck and he said they were good but he wouldnt get them again. I want to get a descent set of rotors and brakes and be happy with the choice. The EBC is what I am thinking the most right now. Although it sounds silly, I dont want to see green behind my wheel. The truck is all black and the calipers were painted red. Red green and black doesnt sound like a great combo to me although I know the quality is what to chase and I am not sure if it will just be dots of green if I go with EBC green stuff.

OP
OP
NOcasio7

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone put on EBC green on their trucks? Can they say if the green on the pads show through? I want the quality but seeing green is visually displeasing to me as the truck is all black with only hints of red on the hemi logo and calipers.