Any opinions on brake rotors appeciated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PowerStop Z36 “kit”(rotors and pads)! Rock Auto is normally the cheapest! Also, their powder coated calipers are only $5-$6 more expensive than stock if you’re in any “rust-belt”!

A86B02D8-9642-4046-9E2C-D61F314F0D60.jpegIMG_5987.jpeg

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ended up getting the Napa premiums, we will see how they do. The nice thing was the guy at the store gave me an 80$ discount for no reason, he was just like let me see what kind of discount I can get you, lol., got both rotors and pads for the front for 147$, can’t argue with that.

but holy **** compared to rock auto, dang, I’ll be buying from there in the future lol
Advance auto will price match rock auto if the same part is in stock I believe...they did on my spark plugs month or so ago and I picked them up that night
I just have stock rotors on MY 19. And, even here in TX, they surface rust real fast. If I do not run the truck for a few days and any humidity, U would think they were rusted through, till I back up on the brakes and push off the rust powder, lol.

ADDED: Before ne body chimes in on they R bad, etc, nothing wrong with the rotors/pads, especially considering there is only 22,600 on the odometer, and I do not ride the brakes, but I do 2 foot drive, old habit from previous occupation.
I also 2 foot drive,came from driving a tractor during my high school years.had to mow 20 or so acres twice a month for almost 4 years...I was terrified using 1 foot to take my driver's test when I got my license back then.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I use WAGNER E Coated rotors and WAGNER OE X Pads ! Little to do dust

Hagar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m replacing my broekn steering knuckle today and upon inspection my front brake rotors are in pretty bad shape. I want to pick something up today locally.
my options are autozone, oreilys, advanced auto, and napa, and the dealership lol.

of course they all have their good better best lines and I’m not really sure if it matters.
I don’t need anything performance because this is a daily driver, I don’t tow much and Nothing big ever, so I figured just a plain old fashioned basic rotor is fine,

sort of leaning towards Napa, but wanted to get anyone’s opinions or horror stories before I go pick one up,

I’ll probably also do the pads even though they seem ok because I think it’s good practice, so any thoughts on those also please share
I will only use the best brake pads available. I want to be able to stop before I hit an object, not 10 feet into it. But then again, in a past life, I've had the opportunity to see the difference. Quite often, the cheaper brake pads have a significant difference in the coefficient of friction when compared to the more expensive.