Bumper Vinyl wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am thinking of having the bumpers on my Big Horn wrapped to match the rest of the truck. I have the parking sensors. Will they still work if the bumper is wrapped, or will holes have to be cut to expose them. This would leave silver circles on a black bumper.
Can the sensors be painted to match and still function? Since there are so many vehicles with painted bumpers and sensors, I assume they would, but I need to make sure.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Yes they would definitely have to cut the holes out for the sensors

I thought I saw a thread a while again where a guy painted his sensors and they still worked.

OP
OP
J

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found a couple threads for other car brands where they had wraps done on bumpers and the sensors worked fine. If I decide to do the wrap I may have the shop use any scraps they have around to just cover the sensors on the front and see what happens. If they work, great. If not, do the wrap and get the sensors painted.
I'm not sure if the chrome bumpers can be painted. That would eliminate the wrap issue.

OP
OP
J

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got this reply from Metro Restyling on my sensor question. They sell a lot of vinyl wrap.
'The vinyl should not affect your bumpers or any of the parking sensors. However, after you install the vinyl, just test them out to be sure that none of the sensors go off for you. If the sensors are going off, then you will just need to cut around the outside part of the sensor. That will take care of any of the issues that would affect the electronics in those sensors.'

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am thinking of having the bumpers on my Big Horn wrapped to match the rest of the truck. I have the parking sensors. Will they still work if the bumper is wrapped, or will holes have to be cut to expose them. This would leave silver circles on a black bumper.

Can the sensors be painted to match and still function? Since there are so many vehicles with painted bumpers and sensors, I assume they would, but I need to make sure.

Not sure if the sensors will work with the wrap; however I just saw a RAM with a chrome bumper and black sensors. It didn't look bad.

78bca64c6751a7dcb0461010800131b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wisey113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wrapping the sensors won't affect how they work. I had them wrapped and the worked fine. I also work for a wrap shop and we wrap sensors day in day out!

OP
OP
J

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wrapping the sensors won't affect how they work. I had them wrapped and the worked fine. I also work for a wrap shop and we wrap sensors day in day out!
This is good to know. I know how sensitive the sensors are even with a little bit of snow hitting them.

OP
OP
J

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgot to mention, can you post a couple pics of your truck so I can check out the bumpers. thx

squirellydee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I saw mention of painting the sensors, what kind of paint did you use? (just curious)