express / sport bumbers & grill & door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I'm sure it's been asked, but I can't see anywhere that anyone has actually done it.

I have a lone star, but I want more black, I can't find the proper parts to replace the front bumper, back bumper, and door handles, as well as the grill to match the factory black metallic paint job.

Are the bumpers created equally, as In, just unbolt, then re-bolt? does the express have the option for the park sensors in front/back, do they have painted matching bumpers with the sensors? As for the handles, I'd like them to be OEM matched from ordering, but I wasn't sure if they just came in flat black, or if they were factor matted to the black crystal metallic on the express/sport.

I'd also like to do the headlights too, those as far as I'm concerned are a direct drop in and replace type thing, though.

I've seen a few front bumpers being replaced, but I've yet to see them actually try the rear.
Additionally, would it be a more cost effective solution to just get them painted at a dodge body shop? Will they even paint over the chrome, CAN they even paint over the chrome? If I purchased all the parts I wanted, wouldn't the chrome parts be worth some cash?

Anyone actually DONE this, and replaced all those parts? Money isn't really a concern, as I'll spend whatever it costs to get what I want achieved, but it would be nice to get some of it back, so if painting is cheaper, but I can't sell them if they are worth something, it might not be the best route?

Thoughts, opinions?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
The sport/express bumper is not a direct fit. You need support beams, mounting brackets , and other things(that is the front). The rear would be a direct swap. Also yes there are sport bumpers that have the holes for park sense

dhows31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^ What he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^ That

On the door handles - they're available painted from Mopar. There are ones that are all body-color and ones that are body color and chrome.

OP
OP
yillbs

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The sport/express bumper is not a direct fit. You need support beams, mounting brackets , and other things(that is the front). The rear would be a direct swap. Also yes there are sport bumpers that have the holes for park sense

Didn't know that. Thanks!