Fixed the Brake Light out problem on my new EVIC cluster.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JesterTA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
For the others having this problem. When I swapped out the 3.5 cluster to 7 EVIC. I had license plate out and passenger rear light out. I have the factory LEDs in my truck. I checked every F'ing thing to fix this. I got the license plate bulbs from superbrightled, fixed that problem. Rear light still showing out on EVIC. ******** mopar mechanic said I need a new tail light. Covered by warrenty. Still no fix. I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid 3rd brake light is wired to the passenger brake light. Put a superbrightled 3rd brake light canbus in and it F'ing worked!!!!!! Hope this helps and I hope this wasn't posted before.:roflsquared:

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I wasn't getting any messages until I swapped the cluster either. Now I'm seeing license plate bulb out and backup lamp out. If I put a CANBUS LED I have in the license plate sockets it goes away but there is 5 LED's on the ones I have and it's way too bright. I've been on the hunt for a single LED that is also CANBUS to go in there. I don't need the entire tailgate lit up at night. The other issue is the tail light bulbs I swapped in there are CANBUS but I'm still getting the message. Starting to think I need a bigger LED bulb or something. Do you know what you've got in there?

OP
OP
JesterTA

JesterTA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I used the recommended ones from superbrightled.com. Yes they are bright. Stay with regular ones if you don't want them too bright.