All the lights work (including 3rd brake light) ...yet still getting Brake Light Out Message!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting the infamous annoying right brake light out message but all your lights work, including your 3rd brake light works. So what the heck could be causing this error message that won't go away.

All the lights work, including the interior cab as well as the 3rd brake light. Not sure why I keep getting this message. Any ideas on what else to check? How do i make it go away?

2015 RAM 1500 Sport with LED rear lights.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
did you change the third brake lights to LED by chance?
Also the OEM LED taillights have a fault wire that "reports" if some/any of the individual LEDs inside the housing are bad.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Getting the infamous annoying right brake light out message but all your lights work, including your 3rd brake light works. So what the heck could be causing this error message that won't go away.

All the lights work, including the interior cab as well as the 3rd brake light. Not sure why I keep getting this message. Any ideas on what else to check? How do i make it go away?

2015 RAM 1500 Sport with LED rear lights.
Is your instrument cluster original or a 7" upgrade by chance?

BenWade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's your LED taillights. Not all the LEDS are working. Best part is that you have to replace the entire taillight for @ $200. Here's a good video showing the problem...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat