Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Any Tradesman owners installed fog lights? Im looking for ideas on mounting and types of fog lights. Something that looks like they would be on the truck new. Most of the kits I am seeing in the local parts store look cheap. A big concern is the can bus system not allowing them to function or causing other issues with the electrical system.
Any thoughts or pics would be great!

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any Tradesman owners installed fog lights? Im looking for ideas on mounting and types of fog lights. Something that looks like they would be on the truck new. Most of the kits I am seeing in the local parts store look cheap. A big concern is the can bus system not allowing them to function or causing other issues with the electrical system.
Any thoughts or pics would be great!
Mopar actually makes fogs for trucks not equipped with factory fogs. I've had mine for over a year and they work great. They mount inside the lower bumper where the plastic insert piece is. You can either toss that insert or just dremel openings for the fogs like I did so it looks more professional

OP
OP
ADUBIS

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My truck has front tow hooks installed from the factory. Are those the holes you speak of? I can't think of a reason I need them and would much rather put fog lights in. Did you have to get them activated at the dealer? Also what kind of switch do they use?

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They replace your factory switch with the factory switch with the fog button on it. I'm not sure about tow hooks, if those are the only openings you have in the bumper at all you might not be able to use these, they're designed for the 09-12 bumper that has the longer insert instead of the newer one that only has those 2 small holes

OP
OP
ADUBIS

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
sounds like I wont be able to use those. The 16 Tradesman has no other openings or cut outs in the bumper.

Prof

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Tradesman Crew Cab
Engine
3.6-LITER V6 24-VALVE VVT
I am searching for the same thing!. Fog Lights that can mount in the tow hook openings. If I find something, I'll let you know!

Prof

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Tradesman Crew Cab
Engine
3.6-LITER V6 24-VALVE VVT
Update: I saw a tradesman the other day here in the OKC area that had what I think are LED fog lights int he tow hook cutouts. I almost followed the guy to ask how he did it :). In other words, it can be done. There's a custom shop here in town that I am thinking about having re create what I saw...