Hammerhead Armor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HolyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So I had wanted a steel bumper on my truck basically since I bought it but I had been hard pressed to find one that would not require me to cut the stock mounts off the frame. Well, as I was driving through Texas a few weeks ago, I saw a good looking bumper on a Ram I passed on the freeway. I slowed down, kind of stalked him a bit and could barely make out what the logo on the front of the bumper was. A quick google search led me right to Hammerhead Armor's website and upon looking at the install instructions, I noticed that you didn't have to cut anything! Now Hammerhead wanted $1700 plus $200 shipping for their 1500 winch bumper so I started looking around. I saw the bumper listed on RealTruck for $1550 and I gave them a call. I was able to get the bumper shipped via FedEx Freight for $1500 flat.

Upon delivery, the container had 4 brackets, a bag full of hardware, a perfect set of details I nstructions, and of course...the bumper.

I started pulling off my stock metal bumper in accordance with the instructions provided. Removal of the OEM took about 45 minutes start to finish and was really easy.

Now to install the new bumper! I put the brackets onto the frame. Let me just say, the brackets these bumpers come with are a very nice, thick steel that is also powder coated. They use 4 bolts per bracket to connect to the stock holes on the frame and then you have 3 bolts per bracket that conn ft the bumper to the bracket.

Having some help is essential as this bumper is easily 250 pounds. Getting the gaps set and all the bolts torqued was a bit of a process but all in all, the install took me maybe another hour and a half after I had the OEM off. So you're looking at about 2.5 hours total time.

I was able to install this bumper in my driveway with the help of a couple buddies and I cannot be happier. It looks great and I've already gotten a lot of compliments about it.

If you haven't heard of these guys before, check out their instagram page to see how high quality their stuff is. They have multiple pictures showing accidents where the car involved is absolutely totaled but the Hammerhead bumper only has a few paint scratches.

I do have Bil's installed at 2.8 and I'm sure the extra weight has brought the nose down a little bit but it's not enough to notice any sort of rake with your mark 1 eyeball and because of that I honestly haven't pulled out the tape measure.

The only cutting required on this install is the stock fender flares (if you have them) and the splash guards inside the wheel wells to keep it from looking funky from a nose on angle since the new bumper gives a lot more clearance than the OEM bumper did.

You can fit just about any Warn winch you want in there and mine has 2 holes on each side for little led cube lights.

You guys have got to check this company out if you're in the market for a new bumper. This is by far the best upgrade I have done to my truck up to this point.

IMG_0660_zpsax2izj6c.jpg

IMG_0658_zpswnq8vier.jpg

IMG_0657_zpsytfa4io7.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looking forward to the photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chill72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All these words and no pics? WTF?

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Ha, really all that and no pics ?

pics or it did not happen...lol

OP
OP
H

HolyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Lol this whole having to add pics to a website thing to post them is crap!

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Yes it is, would be nice to be able to go back to the way itbwss a few weeks ago.

OP
OP
H

HolyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks! That was exactly my thought when I first saw it in Texas. I hate how bulky some of the other ones are.

Another pro I forgot to mention is that yes I had to remove my stock tow hooks but the hooks that are on this one are really thick, attach directly to the frame mounts, and are welded to both sides of the bumper

I was also able to use a fog light diy to salvage my old harness and I'm very impressed with these cubes from SideTracked Off-road.

grey_goose33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hammerhead Armor- full brush guard

I have had an Hammerhead bumper for about 6 months and I live in North Texas...maybe you saw me haha. I have bilsteins set at 2.8 and that gives me about 1/2 inch rake

Before Hammerhead Armor bumper

IMG_0059_zpsa3w325fn.jpg

After

IMG_0131_zpsgnjkm4kf.jpg

IMG_0141_zpstl3npll8.jpg