Headlight Revolution led's any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teknoracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lookin at the supernova v2 led headlight and foglight bulbs to install on my new 17 1500. Any opinions on these? Looked at the Opt7 leds as well but these seem to be a better setup.....

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lookin at the supernova v2 led headlight and foglight bulbs to install on my new 17 1500. Any opinions on these? Looked at the Opt7 leds as well but these seem to be a better setup.....
This is the video that I can across a few weeks ago as I was researching various LED set ups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mitol4qbWME

Unfortunately I have no factual input on these bulbs. Hopefully someone will chime in.

https://headlightrevolution.com/vehicles/dodge-ram/headlights/

Last edited:

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Just a heads up. I ordered some leds for my 2017 projectors and the opt 7 bulbs didn't fit behind the dust covers. Waiting on a different option because I love the look of them. I've had hids before and I don't feel like messing with them again and having to drill holes in my dust covers.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
On the oem projectors, you don't have to drill. Just run the wires out the bottom of the cap and tighten it down. I had no moisture issues.

OP
OP
T

Teknoracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is the video that I can across a few weeks ago as I was researching various LED set ups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mitol4qbWME

Unfortunately I have no factual input on these bulbs. Hopefully someone will chime in.

https://headlightrevolution.com/vehicles/dodge-ram/headlights/

Yea ive watched their vids....thats what got my interese in them. Seems like good support and probably a good product. Was just curious to find opinions of some who actually bought some.

anthony2558

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a heads up. I ordered some leds for my 2017 projectors and the opt 7 bulbs didn't fit behind the dust covers. Waiting on a different option because I love the look of them. I've had hids before and I don't feel like messing with them again and having to drill holes in my dust covers.

What bulbs did you get fluxbeam or the new fluxbeam X's?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
fluxbeam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Was the back of the bulb hitting the dust cap keeping it from closing completely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've actually got a set of the supernova v2 headlights and fogs I'm going to be selling. They are great I've just decided I want projectors and HIDs. PM me if interested.

mrecooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7, V8
LED Headlight replacement

I've bought three different types of LED Headlight bulbs and had the same problem of them flickering and turning off. This last pair I bought the cambus resistor to prevent the error messages but my right bulb still goes out. I had to reverse the polarity to make them work and are secured properly.

When I place truck on the "run" setting, I have no problems but when I turn truck on, they flicker and shut off.

What am I doing wrong?

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've bought three different types of LED Headlight bulbs and had the same problem of them flickering and turning off. This last pair I bought the cambus resistor to prevent the error messages but my right bulb still goes out. I had to reverse the polarity to make them work and are secured properly.

When I place truck on the "run" setting, I have no problems but when I turn truck on, they flicker and shut off.

What am I doing wrong?
I would think we need more information from you to help out.

1)Bulb #
2)Type of headlights you have (dual, quad, projector/ stock or aftermarket)
3)Brand of LED headlight bulbs you tried or had issues with.

Last edited:

mrecooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7, V8
I would think we need more information from you to help out.

1)Bulb #
2)Type of headlights you have (dual, quad, projector/ stock or aftermarket)
3)Brand of LED headlight bulbs you tried or had issues with.

1. 9012
2. Projector
3. Yumseen, Phillips, and now alla lighting