Install: Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Low Beams **UPDATED WITH NIGHT PICTURES**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could one of you guys also see if the new Opt7 Fluxbeam X will fit in the high beams since you'll have it open anyway?

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Could one of you guys also see if the new Opt7 Fluxbeam X will fit in the high beams since you'll have it open anyway?
High beams of which style headlight housing?

Sent from hell via TapATalk

hiram23clarke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anybody notices, that while the leds are on the radio reception goes to crap. Seems that the only thing that works good is Xm radio. Even added some of those ferrite beads.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Has anybody notices, that while the leds are on the radio reception goes to crap. Seems that the only thing that works good is Xm radio. Even added some of those ferrite beads.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
No sorry. I had no issues with them doing that. The guy i sold my headlights too, he had no problems with these bulbs and radio interference either.

I did see some youtube videos of other brands of hid's and led's that did cause radio interference and i think some videos had solutions so maybe search youtube.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thought I would share the email I received back from Opt7.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170125-160643.jpg
    Screenshot_20170125-160643.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 99
OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thought I would share the email I received back from Opt7.
Hmm interesting. The FluxBeam-X definitely looks smaller than the fluxbeams in photos. Either way some dude on YouTube fit them into his oem projectors and said he was able to get the dust cover back on so I'm definitely going to atleast try to make them fit.

JExpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well after molesting my dust cap the 2 stroke leds are definitely are a no go for factory projectors.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well after molesting my dust cap the 2 stroke leds are definitely are a no go for factory projectors.
Got any photos of them locked into the bulb ring but without the dust cap? I'd like to see the clearance and how far it sticks up.

JExpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry didn't take photos I just put them in and then cut the dust caps etc to use the supplied rubber extensions. They protrude way past the dust caps so much so that when you go to re install the light the rubber extension prevents the light from mating up with the pull down tab. I also snapped the lower tab on my drivers side light, thought I would never be the guy who did that but I was getting pissed haha ended up just buying new halogens in and using vinyl to re seal the hole I made in the dust cap. Threw jb weld on the tab haha, it sucks because I went through two sets of hids in my truck and the passenger side would always prematurely fail on me and burn up, so I didn't want to **** with hids again looks like I'll just keep my hir lights.

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
9005 for the 2016 projectors-Fluxbeam X
H10 (9145) for the 2500 fogs-Fluxbeam LED fogs

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
in December 2015, I instaled a set of the original Fluxbeams into my 09 Ram Laramie wiht Quads. they fit perfectly under the dust covers and are sealed in there. I have run them ever since. They are these:

https://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Headlig...=UTF8&qid=1485444122&sr=8-2&keywords=Opt7+LED
Zero issues once I got my bulb alilgnment corrected by re-driling the plastic ring so that the LED sat perfectly Vertical in my lights. I used the polarity reverse plug and the ballast and it all fit inside my light behind the dust caps.

this winter, I had planned to order a set of Starnil Tri LED ones for my fogs but they didnt have the H10. Instead I ordered these Stark ones. they are wicked bright and at times maybe too bright. In my fogs, they really light up the shoulder of the road.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019QZS894/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
9005 for the 2016 projectors-Fluxbeam X
H10 (9145) for the 2500 fogs-Fluxbeam LED fogs
I have the tyc reps and they run the 13-15 bulbs so I need to order the 9006 (fits 9012) for the low beam.
in December 2015, I instaled a set of the original Fluxbeams into my 09 Ram Laramie wiht Quads. they fit perfectly under the dust covers and are sealed in there. I have run them ever since. They are these:

https://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Headlig...=UTF8&qid=1485444122&sr=8-2&keywords=Opt7+LED
Zero issues once I got my bulb alilgnment corrected by re-driling the plastic ring so that the LED sat perfectly Vertical in my lights. I used the polarity reverse plug and the ballast and it all fit inside my light behind the dust caps.

this winter, I had planned to order a set of Starnil Tri LED ones for my fogs but they didnt have the H10. Instead I ordered these Stark ones. they are wicked bright and at times maybe too bright. In my fogs, they really light up the shoulder of the road.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019QZS894/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yea I had the FluxBeam-X bulbs in my quads I just sold and man where they bright. No drilling or adjustment nesc. They lined up perfectly once I locked them into the ring. The LED's where at 3 and 9 o'clock and the L side was facing left and the R side was facing right on both sides.... Either i got really lucky or the new FluxBeam-X bulbs are made to perfectly line up without adjusting them.
The opt 7 x and projector housing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What year projectors do you have? I think they changed the bulb in 2016 and I'm wondering if the dust cap is bigger or smaller for that year.