Knock in front suspension on 2015 2500.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snapper23

Reaction score
Has anyone out there experience a load knock when driving over rough roads with potholes or speed bumps with their 2014/2015 heavy duty trucks. I have this problem with my new truck but it does not happen all the time. I checked under the truck for some type of physical or broken or defective parts but see nothing abnormal. Any help would be great..

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is a common problem on the HD's. No one knows anything yet.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I have read many people on here complain about this. I have not had this issue fortunately.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I have a knock too...I can feel it in my drivers side floor board when I am slowly turning right into my driveway or any other slight incline while turning. I sent my truck to a mechanic to have him check everything out...he said everything checked out fine, and there was zero play or wear to where I should be concerned on any of my suspension and or steering parts...its very annoying

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Like said above it happens pretty often. Someone on here checked the body mounts and those were tight, and it is coming from that area, the only thing I can think of is it is in the control arm mount somewhere.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2010 Jeep Rubicon did this too. Never changed or got any worse. Never got an explanation. Traded it in for my Ram with 70K miles.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Is it possible the shock(s) are bad? Idk what the clunk sounds like exactly though just a thought...

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can feel it in your left foot thru the floorboard.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Take it in to dealer until they fix it, if it can't be fixed you can possibly get lemon law on it. Had something similar with a Avalanche, it was nothing but a knock, but when Chevy put out a TSB on it, it was an automatic win in court. Got 13k out of it because I had it well documented and 4 visits to the dealer. Plus the more complaints they get, the more likely they will find a fix. Check local lemon laws for what your responsibilities are. You paid good money for the truck, don't let the dealer slide, complain ***** and moan till the fix it or pay you.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've not had this issue yet(knock on wood) but had a buddy call me 2day talking bout it on his new 6.4 that he just got last Saturday asking me if I've felt a thump under floor board when hitting a bump or pothole, told him others were talking bout it on the forum, but dude said he got under his truck and thinks his trans is bumpin around on something that it had play in it, is the transmission supposed to have play in it?

OP
OP
snapper23

snapper23

Reaction score
I have had my truck for a couple months and just turned over 1000 miles. This is the most annoying sound. My 1500 did not make this noise. I too thought it might be the shock mounts. My truck is the 6.4 mega cab. As the original thread starter I am surprised as to how many guys are dealing with the same issue. Hopefully we find the problem. I was waiting to have it looked at when I got my first oil change. My truck does it on both sides in the front end.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take it to the dealer and have it checked out if it sounds like something is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hammer40

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Is this only happening with the 6.4 trucks?

If so, that should narrow down the possibilities for Ram.

SouthernBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What up, hows the regular cab pw build going?

Hey guys, havent been online much, its spring and busy as hell these days. Getting hay cut and put up, put out fertilizer,, replanted some stuff, my neighbor ran his AerWay over some pastures for me, putting in a cattleguard and getting that dug in and setup, blah, blah, blah. Just a busy time right now. Ive been wanting to take new pictures just hasnt stopped raining long enough to get the ole 6.4 cleaned up. I ordered a new 24' gooseneck and once its finished I will take some pics when I run up to Paris to get it. (Paris, TX).

My wife did take one picture of the truck when I was helping my neighbor grease up his cutter when we cut my hay. (I had an excellent rye grass field to bale and my cutter doesnt have a crimper so I got him to cut a field for me, his machine has a flail conditioner)

truck_zpsutnkz2bn.jpg

Last edited:

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Hey guys, havent been online much, its spring and busy as hell these days. Getting hay cut and put up, put out fertilizer,, replanted some stuff, my neighbor ran his AerWay over some pastures for me, putting in a cattleguard and getting that dug in and setup, blah, blah, blah. Just a busy time right now. Ive been wanting to take new pictures just hasnt stopped raining long enough to get the ole 6.4 cleaned up. I ordered a new 24' gooseneck and once its finished I will take some pics when I run up to Paris to get it. (Paris, TX).

My wife did take one picture of the truck when I was helping my neighbor grease up his cutter when we cut my hay. (I had an excellent rye grass field to bale and my cutter doesnt have a crimper so I got him to cut a field for me, his machine has a flail conditioner)

truck_zpsutnkz2bn.jpg
Good taste in trucks and tractors!