Light Bar Fitment Issues? Help! - Ram 1500 Big Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First off, has anyone successfully mounted an LED Light bar to the front bumper of a Big horn edition truck? -- flush mounted preferred.

I recently purchased an 09 Ram 1500 Big Horn Edition, my chrome bumper looks like this:

61825939.jpg

Smaller cutout in the middle.

My problem is that I purchased a 32" LED Light Bar to fit in that area and the height of the bar is the issue, it's too big. Is there a known solution to this? I've searched for slim LED light bars and can't find anything other than 1 row units.

I've seen here on Rough Country (LINK) their light bar measures Length: 43-inches | Depth: 3.45-inches | Height: 3-inches, and mine is the same.

Look I want:

lights-40-inch-dodge-mounts_70569-base-install.jpg

I dont have an issue with mounting it, as I can pretty much create a mount and make it work. I don't want to cut my front bumper, and I dont want to swap body parts...

Any advice?

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That bar is mounted on a 2500, fyi. And No, I haven't seen anybody on here successfully mount one on a bighorn bumper. But, I did see one on a guys truck in town. Should've takin a pic. He had his 2row mounted there, it just stuck out a little. Didnt look too bad IMO. A single row will fit. Some guys have opted to run 6" bars in the tow hook area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007