Light bar/ pre runner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sweetstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, I was wonder if anyone is running a light bar or pre-runner bar on there front bumper.

I seen that N-Fab has the Pre-runner but it says that it cant be used with the sport bumper. Any idea why?

Thanks

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an nfab one that mounts through the front license plate bracket holes id show a pic but I'm on my phone. You need a metal bumper for it though

justin443

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 RAM 1500 Sport 2wd
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im pretty sure he cut and installed them

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Probably because the sport bumper is plastic. All the brackets for the metal chrome bumpers are beefed up for the added support. The plastic bumpers and the bumper supports are not enough to hold the extra weight safely. (Most likely)

It is just a plastic bumper cover, there is still a bumper bar behind the cover.
If you go through the bumper cover like kevin did to the bumper bar or tow hook mounts its just as stong as anything on a chrome bumper

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
but you cut the plastic didnt you?

Yes, but its really easy to do.

It is just a plastic bumper cover, there is still a bumper bar behind the cover.
If you go through the bumper cover like kevin did to the bumper bar or tow hook mounts its just as stong as anything on a chrome bumper

Exaxtly. If I'm under the truck, I actually use the light bar as a grab bar sometimes. Its pretty stout.