Lining your rocker panels, and fender flares.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
so i'd like to possibly rhino line the bottom half of my 2015 ram, to give it some good protection from thoes salty winters in canada. i'd like to Do it my self but im unsure... i know you can buy a DIY kit from raptor lining. but im just unsure on where to start. im scared im going to screw up! would plastidipping it be okay? suggestions please! like i said id like to do my bottom half coming up a bit on the doors, and doing the fenders also.

here is an example picture i found of google.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 104

chrisc60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would plastip first, and gain much needed confidence in the process. Since it is completely removable, You can learn from any mistakes; pluse you can verify you like what you see on YOUR truck.
Just sayin'

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I have done many bed liners and rockers in my day.

Bedliner7_zpsfr3eya8p.jpg

Bedliner9_zpsxcu1vklt.jpg

The Raptor is a nice kit.
I have used it many of times.

Use some heavy duty masking tape and tape a really good line on the rockers. Use a red scotch pad and go along the tape line and scuff the paint. The rest of the area, you can go nuts and use a DA... or you can continue to do it by hand.

Once you have the painted area scuffed up where you want the liner, wipe it down really well with Grease and Wax Remover. Fresh paper towels/rags.. Let it air dry for a bit and then use the Raptor as indicated in their instructions.

I was about 2 feet away from the truck and did even long strokes and then when I was done, I stepped back a bit and did a light mist coat on everything to make it even.

Turned out excellent and lasted! Looked amazing and I got comments/questions on it ALL the time.

Raptor and Defender PRo - is way better than any roll on or spray can crap from Herculiner / Duplicolor.

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Line X is the best product to use yet pricey.