Looking to buy a LED light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
Like the topic says, I'm looking for a little more light haha. I want to put a bar on top of the lower support behind the grill, just going to go measure now to see how big I can go. What has everyone found is the best way to go for bars?

From what i understand a spot/flood combo is best, but is there any particular brand that I should look for?

EDIT: actually, looking closer now, I have 27" of space between the coolant and washer jugs, would it be better to get as big of one as would fit there, or 2 smaller ones so I don't have a bunch of wasted light being blocked by the cross in the grille? Not sure if I plan on getting an aftermarket grill without the cross or not

Last edited:

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I have a 7.5" double row that I'm using for a reverse light
Looks like it would fit perfectly on either side of the cross hairs on the grille of my dads '11
He wanted to put one between the tow hooks but there isn't much room there, he'd have to do a single row 20" to fit and would get more like from 2-7.5" double rows

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
Yea that's what I was kind of wondering. I'll have to do a little figuring and some more measuring, but it's looking like a pair of 7" or 10" bars is the way to go eh? Is there any brands to really avoid? I wish I could afford a Rigid haha but no way I'm spending $700 on a pair of 10" bars

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I've bought two off of eBay and am very happy with them
For $200 including shipping I got a 32" and a 7.5" now
I would definitely rather spend the money on a Rigid, VisionX or Bulldog led but I don't have the money right now

ducatiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
not to hijack, anyone know what size fits between the tow hooks on a 09+ 1500?

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I don't have hooks yet but I have a 20" double row with lots of room for the hooks still, once I install hooks I want to measure to see if I have room to go longer in between em

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
Hmm dunno if I trust the Chinese lights, but found a set of 10" double row spot/flood combo for $155 with free shipping to Canada. about 1/3 the price of 1 Rigid 10" shipped here haha

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
Actually, just talked to my brother, he was planning on doing a bulk order from offroadledbars.com, looks like if I throw my order in with him I can get the bars for about half off :D so 2 12" bars will run me around $300 after taxes. Not too shabby at all

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
A double row would have sit out from the bumper completely on te chrome bumper
I believe that opening is large on sport bumpers
BA2-140BA84A3B15-4985-000003381F2D9293_zps887e1a02.jpg
It looks like it would fit great here with the mounting brackets it comes with
FE8-5D397F3A864A-4985-000003383EB518E3_zpsebbeb462.jpg

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
Yeah I was hoping to get a pair of 10" bars, when I measured it was pretty well exactly 10" from the edge of the cross to the washer/coolant jugs behind the grille. I'll have to find their exact horizontal measurements with the brackets, if they won't both fit in there I'll have to drop down to the 7" bars. I want to put them behind the grille so they can't be stolen, there's a lot of young people in this town that like to mess with people's vehicles, and my truck is left at work overnight a few times a month when I'm staying out of town. Mine is a Laramie, hence the chrome bumper. Not a fan of the bars just mounted out in front of the bumper

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Yeah I was hoping to get a pair of 10" bars, when I measured it was pretty well exactly 10" from the edge of the cross to the washer/coolant jugs behind the grille. I'll have to find their exact horizontal measurements with the brackets, if they won't both fit in there I'll have to drop down to the 7" bars. I want to put them behind the grille so they can't be stolen, there's a lot of young people in this town that like to mess with people's vehicles, and my truck is left at work overnight a few times a month when I'm staying out of town. Mine is a Laramie, hence the chrome bumper. Not a fan of the bars just mounted out in front of the bumper

Ill be interested on the 7" mounting behind the grill. I plan on doing that too. I have 2 7 inch bars from Morimoto

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
Yea I can't mount to the top bar in there as it would interfere with the intake(i think) as I was originally wanting to put 4 smallish bars in there, so I'll do the 2 on the bottom bar and see from there. Just waiting to hear back from my brother, I think we'll be hopefully placing the order next friday