Need some info on running board install..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Valth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So my buddy at work just sold me some chrome oem running boards for 25$ no scratches or nothing, I think I got a steal lol. But he didn't have the hardware for it. So in doing some research it's saying I need some **** called rivnuts to install them. Found em online for 26$ the dealership has em for 45$ ugh. I know there has to be a way to put em in with just some washers/lock washers etc. another guy at work has the same ones on his 2012 and I got under there and it doesn't look like he has rivnuts on his, but the bolts are inserted from the inside. I just need some insight and ideas on how to do this. My boss said I could fish em through and run em on the inside with some lock washers and it would work. What do y'all think. Can you gimme some tips, thanks.

cmiller0711

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get the nuts but don't by a special tool. What we do is just put the nut in the hole and run a bolt with a washer and squeeze it in place. That is a great deal go on the boards just spend a little more for the nuts.

OP
OP
Valth

Valth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So your suggesting just to get the rivnuts?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007