Nerf Bars for White 2012 Ram 1500 Mossy Oak Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WolverineFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Everyone. I just bought a new Ram this past weekend and need to get a set of nerf bars installed. Anyone have any suggestions?

By the way, traded in my 2004 F150 FX4. Love the Hemi compared to the junk 5.4L!

mxblaster83

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Congrats on the ram, i myself traded 2010 gmc sierra and have not looked back :)

Autoanything.com great prices fast shipping

i just bought the wet okeole camo seat covers love them.

OP
OP
W

WolverineFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks mxblaster83! Autoanything had a 15% discount for new customers. Great Deal!

OP
OP
W

WolverineFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks mxblaster83! Autoanything had a 15% discount for new customers. Great Deal!

I have posted a couple of pictures from the day I bought the truck. Still loving it and already have some mods planned.

Attachments

• Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 109

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great. It's nice to see another Mossy Oak on here. Mine is Sagebrush. I've had it 7 weeks, and love it. Do you want black or stainless bars? I bought the Go Rhino 5" OE Extreme Oval bars from AutoAnything. Install was easy. I'd stay clear of OE bars due to their mounting method. Mine are a black composite, so they won't rust. I don't have pics of the bars yet. They are supposed to hold 300#, but I don't know if I would put that to the test. They have 3 mounts, but don't seem as sturdy as my Mopar bars on my JGC. They do not bend under my weight, but seem to "give" a little. They are very functional -- with a large step pad, and are quite a bit lower than cab. I can try to snap some pics this weekend.

OP
OP
W

WolverineFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are the same ones I ordered last night, but chrome. Your comment on their sturdiness concern me a little.

mxblaster83

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7

I have posted a couple of pictures from the day I bought the truck. Still loving it and already have some mods planned.

looks good!

what kinda mods you looking at? JJ from retro can hook ya up good for led lighting im waiting right now for all the led lights for my truck

you thought about a level kit? exhaust? maybe a tuner?

mods are endless my friend might need to get a 2nd job haha

have fun with it i sure do!

once again welcome to the Ram Fam.

OP
OP
W

WolverineFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm getting a spray in bed liner, tinted windows, nerf bars and bed cover to start. I then plan to add a leveling kit and install some larger tires. My FX4 had a leveling kit with 325/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. I don't think I will go with that big of tire again though.

mxblaster83

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm getting a spray in bed liner, tinted windows, nerf bars and bed cover to start. I then plan to add a leveling kit and install some larger tires. My FX4 had a leveling kit with 325/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. I don't think I will go with that big of tire again though.

yeah i stayed away from the bedliner went with a bed rug instead (dogs) lol
i put a 2.5 HBS level on easy install looks good
and i went with 285 65 20 cooper zeon ltz's love the tires
im usally againts factory rims but i love the 20's the truck came
with so i kept them i just plasti dipped them in the winter to protect from road salt rock and debris i am getting 5% tint on the factory tint and 30% on the front windows did this on my sierra looks good IMO.