New Bumper With Fogs Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Well I replaced by factory Tradesman bumper with a new paintable one with fog light cut outs from RockAuto and it came in this week.

Prepped it for paint and purchased some fog lights. I ordered a set of factory fogs and a set of LED 3" pods and a Rigid fog light kit.

Something tells me I'll be use the 3" LED pods.. but we will see..

Got it prepped and just going to wait another hour or so and start painting it!

I really wanted to order a new lower plastic valence as mine is cut up due to I ordered a 2wd version as they are 'smaller' - but apparently it was for a Hemi as the cut out wasn't there for the inner cooler.. wanted to order a factory one again and just cut the lip off that extends down.. I still may do that before Monday...

And yes I put the brackets on PRE paint due to the fact when it's done, I don't want to have to flip the bumper and install the brackets with soft paint. I don't have a booth.. I just use the sun.. but the paint will still be a bit soft.. so this way, I can just throw it on the truck when done. Then wire up the lights!

Pic order:
Before
new bumper
Pre-paint

Attachments

• BeforeNewBumper.jpg
    BeforeNewBumper.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 130
  • BumperGround.jpg
    BumperGround.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 134
  • ReadyForPaint.jpg
    ReadyForPaint.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
OP
OP
07MegaCabRam

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Bumper looks really cool in my color in just the base. This is no clear coat. Just the basecoat. Looks mean!

Attachments

• BumperBase1.jpg
    BumperBase1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 97
  • BumperBase2.jpg
    BumperBase2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 93
OP
OP
07MegaCabRam

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Bumpers cleared. Put on 3 coats. Came out like glass. Love it.

Got my Rigid mounts - going to probably let the bumper dry over night and start the install tomorrow..

Attachments

• BumperClear1.jpg
    BumperClear1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 95
  • BumperClear2.jpg
    BumperClear2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 99
  • mounts.jpg
    mounts.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
07MegaCabRam

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Got the bumper mounted and I purchased some security nuts for a license plate to install in the front two license plate holes. I think it looks a little bit better than just two little holes.

Tomorrow, reinstall my 30" LED light bar, install the dual 3" LED pods in the fog light holes, wire those up... and should be able to mark another project "DONE"..

Attachments

• mount1.jpg
    mount1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 91
  • mount2.jpg
    mount2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 88
  • mount3.jpg
    mount3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 93
  • Nuts1.jpg
    Nuts1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Nuts2.jpg
    Nuts2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 91

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
slick

OP
OP
07MegaCabRam

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Thanks guys..

Got light and I need to wire them up. Perfect timing as I got to bring the kids to a birthday party. So while they are gone, gonna wire the lights up.

I still need to aim/align them.. hoping I can use them for street use, but something tells me that isn't going to happen..

I still have to install the wheel liners and lower bumper valence, but will do that after the wiring project.

Attachments

• Done1.jpg
    Done1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Done2.jpg
    Done2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 111

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Well done man! Truck looks great.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
This is basically what I want to do... Questions... As I have a tradesmen also...

When you buy the bumper is the mounting stuff there so if you get some factory lights the mounting stuff is there. Or is another part needed? And... How did you paint the grill, mines chrome. But I would love to make it white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
07MegaCabRam

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
This is basically what I want to do... Questions... As I have a tradesmen also...

When you buy the bumper is the mounting stuff there so if you get some factory lights the mounting stuff is there. Or is another part needed? And... How did you paint the grill, mines chrome. But I would love to make it white

The bumper will come just as a shell. However, your bumper brackets are held on with 4 15mm bolts, one 10mm bolt on each side. Just transfer those over to the new bumper.

The factory fog lights will require the fog light brackets, you're truck will have the cut out for the fogs.. so if you did as I did, looked on Ebay and got a pair of lights with the brackets. I spent $70 for those. I didn't use them and maybe selling them if you're interested.

OP
OP
07MegaCabRam

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Ok, I would have crawled under the truck to see. But it's pouring outside. And I didn't feel like getting wet, lol, I was wondering if the cut outs where in the stuff behind the bumper but not the bumper itself (which ram should just have put fogs on them anyways for what it costs them anyways) so that's not too bad, how did you paint the grill? Was yours chrome or the matte grey? And far as the fogs. Maybe in a week or two, once I get a couple over time checks and my tires paid for (I'm down to wear bars now)

OP
OP
07MegaCabRam

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
The brackets for your bumper will have the cut outs for the factory fog lights yes.

The grill, like the bumpers were the tradesman black - not chrome. One of the main reasons why the truck appealed to me. I could do all the color matching on the cheap and easy.