Nitto Trail Grapplers and snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
I just put some 35x12.5 trail grapplers on and keep them at 50psi front and 55 psi rear as most driving is on the highway. The Northeast is getting some snow and I'm driving to Maine this weekend so I am wondering where you found the best performance in your Nitto's..

What psi do you feel the best traction in snow? Do you put any weight in the rear?

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I run them at 50 psi. I have no weight in the back. I have no problems at all in the snow.

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My buddy has those they are a good tire. If your only a 1500 I'd run far less psi for grip and comfort. I only run 35 psi in my tires and they are wearing great.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Mine have done really well in the snow and still do even tho they're about shot. I run mine at 40 in the front and 35 in the rear.

gigabyte3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have mine all at 40psi here in MI, no weight in bed, but i do have 4x4. I used to have a 4x2, and put 400lbs of sand in the rear in the winter.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put some 35x12.5 trail grapplers on and keep them at 50psi front and 55 psi rear as most driving is on the highway. The Northeast is getting some snow and I'm driving to Maine this weekend so I am wondering where you found the best performance in your Nitto's..

What psi do you feel the best traction in snow? Do you put any weight in the rear?

Why such high tire pressure? Go to http://www.nittotire.com/contact-us/ and choose Technical & Consumer, then choose PSI Inquiry. They will suggest the proper PSI to use based on your particular truck specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed loves guns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why such high tire pressure? Go to Contact Us and choose Technical & Consumer, then choose PSI Inquiry. They will suggest the proper PSI to use based on your particular truck specs.

Thats normal running pressure for LT tires. Not passenger tires. And you dont have to email customer support to find out the psi. Just find the tire you want (or just click Trail Grappler Mud Terrain Light Truck Tire ) and it will show you a chart -attached-

Nitto.jpg

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a couple sets on my 07 CTD and we had them on the Ranch dually, both 35x12.5 on 17's, and I ran mine at 40-45 most of the time, and the dually was all over the place since it towed alot.

Very sure footed in the snow even with a high hp and torq CTD... They are an all around good tire for all conditions. but as mentioned with a 1500 I'd air them down a bit, I could run mine at 15psi and barely have any sidewall flex. Note I don't recommend anything less than 35psi

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Ed loves guns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wrong. Those are the tire pressures to achieve max load rating.

Uhhhh no ****. Did you read the chart or even click the link?? Clearly states max psi, which is NOT what OP is running. 50 and 55 does not equal 65. 65 psi is max.... op is running 55 psi in the back which is 18% lower than max rated.... Im not sure what youre confused about. Facts are facts.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Tire contact patch isn't really effected until you go to down to 12psi.. and then 8psi gives you the most. With that said.. you're not going to be running them that low on the street.

I've had a few and they did great in the snow. But you will want to run then near 28psi for the best feel/grip without going down to 12.

And yes, the PSI is for load rating.

The Nittos are great. just not for 2500s. :( 20K miles and mine were done. haha

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Tire contact patch isn't really effected until you go to down to 12psi.. and then 8psi gives you the most. With that said.. you're not going to be running them that low on the street.

I've had a few and they did great in the snow. But you will want to run then near 28psi for the best feel/grip without going down to 12.

And yes, the PSI is for load rating.

The Nittos are great. just not for 2500s. :( 20K miles and mine were done. haha

Damn I got 40k on mine now lol. Going next week to get toyo open country mt's put on tho.