Ram rebel tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USMC_Ram909

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can the big "RAM" logo be put on a '12 CC tailgate? I haven't seen what the look like on the backside, 3m or studs. Or if my regular ram emblem in the back is 3m or studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CC12RamLove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If im not mistaken. Your ram head is held on with 3m and studs for positioning same as the large "RAM" i would think your best bet would swap the hole tailgate.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

PrdCdn

TEAM RAMROD
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L ECO Diesel
the rear Ram is actually inset into the tailgate. Meaning once the emblem is removed, there is a "dent" in the shape of the emblem. Plus 2 holes for the emblem sits in for alignment.
so hopefully the A in RAM will cover that ... a guy would have to make that work.

Personally, I would love the RAM on the Rebel to be stamped in the metal AND not a decal. I think they cheaped out - go back to the basics - bring back the stamped metal.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure this has been brought up before. I think the consensus was that the' A' would not cover up the indentation from the ram head. Maybe swap entire tailgate out?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You will need a new tailgate as there are holes to mount the RAM letters
Not true. The new letters come with both 3m tape and small little "posts" on the back of them so all you need to do is cut off the small posts with a razor blade or a pair of snips and then you will be left with only 3m tape on the back of the letters.

Of course you will have a big indent/mark where your original Rams head logo use to sit so getting a new Tailgate with out the Rams head might be a good idea, but it's definitely not required.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I saw one the other day that someone had put the huge RAM under the rams head emblem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007