Rebel grille on a sport, CONFIRMED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mviohl311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I was cruising eBay today like I always do looking at any and everything and types in "lifted ram" when I came across a ram sport with a rebel grille pictured below... HOW CAN THIS BE?!?!?! From what I heard the rebel grille has a tab at the bottom that's lower then we're a sport/express grille meets with the front fascia. I like the look of the rebel grille a lot plus it makes it easier to put a 30" led light behind the grille and would be brighter than my 2- 10" bars I have behind the crosshairs. Anyone have any insight into this? Did they just trim the excess off the grille to make it fit?

IMG_2556.jpg

BCA87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looked into this myself. Not necessarily for the grille though, I was interested in getting a Rebel front bumper for my Sport. Dealership tech told me it's the same process as a 1500 to 2500 conversion. It's all doable with minor trimming and modification BUT you can NOT use a sport hood. That's a deal breaker for me. That grille is absolutely not worth losing that hood for, in my opinion. I was a little confused by this though because aren't there Rebels with a sport hood? I guess it's just because it's a swap to a sport? That person clearly got the grille to work without the bumper to go with but you can see the different hood so there must be some truth to that. So I guess that yes you can swap the grille but you will also have to swap the hood. Hope that was helpful.

OP
OP
M

Mviohl311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looked into this myself. Not necessarily for the grille though, I was interested in getting a Rebel front bumper for my Sport. Dealership tech told me it's the same process as a 1500 to 2500 conversion. It's all doable with minor trimming and modification BUT you can NOT use a sport hood. That's a deal breaker for me. That grille is absolutely not worth losing that hood for, in my opinion. I was a little confused by this though because aren't there Rebels with a sport hood? I guess it's just because it's a swap to a sport? That person clearly got the grille to work without the bumper to go with but you can see the different hood so there must be some truth to that. So I guess that yes you can swap the grille but you will also have to swap the hood. Hope that was helpful.

Very helpful thanks, that truck in the picture is an express, I looked at the interior pics. Rebels do come with sport hoods so that's confusing to me unless they just aren't 100% sure and don't wanna give u bad info I can't see that making a difference, especially since the sport hood and express hood meet the same way with the crosshair grille. The crosshair grille is mass produced for all lines of rams no matter what hood. Would love to know what mods people did to make this grille fit

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
If you look close the bottom corners of the rebel grill are cut off and probably have an open unfinished edge to them

BCA87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very helpful thanks, that truck in the picture is an express, I looked at the interior pics. Rebels do come with sport hoods so that's confusing to me unless they just aren't 100% sure and don't wanna give u bad info I can't see that making a difference, especially since the sport hood and express hood meet the same way with the crosshair grille. The crosshair grille is mass produced for all lines of rams no matter what hood. Would love to know what mods people did to make this grille fit

Hhmm interesting. So they swapped the grille from a Rebel and the front bumper from a Sport onto an Express? Damn I'd be interested in just knowing the amount of work that took! I really prefer the front bumper and fog lights from the Rebel compared to the Sport so I'm not giving up on the possibility of changing things up. I was thinking in the back of my head that the information I was provided could be the dealership just covering their ass and not wanting to be wrong about something but hard to say. I'll be sure to check back in and provide any further info in the future! :favorites13:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
no, an express comes with the same bumper as a sport

OP
OP
M

Mviohl311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you look close the bottom corners of the rebel grill are cut off and probably have an open unfinished edge to them

I feel like from now on if I have any questions I should just message u lol

mattyk2188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
So I was cruising eBay today like I always do looking at any and everything and types in "lifted ram" when I came across a ram sport with a rebel grille pictured below... HOW CAN THIS BE?!?!?! From what I heard the rebel grille has a tab at the bottom that's lower then we're a sport/express grille meets with the front fascia. I like the look of the rebel grille a lot plus it makes it easier to put a 30" led light behind the grille and would be brighter than my 2- 10" bars I have behind the crosshairs. Anyone have any insight into this? Did they just trim the excess off the grille to make it fit?

Lol dude I do the exact same ****! Even the "lifted ram" search. I too saw this the other night & debated posting but fell asleep & forgot. Good find! I know there's been alotta debate over this grille in the past. Just get one & go for it!

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
There is a thread here letting you know where to cut and discussing fit.

OP
OP
M

Mviohl311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol dude I do the exact same ****! Even the "lifted ram" search. I too saw this the other night & debated posting but fell asleep & forgot. Good find! I know there's been alotta debate over this grille in the past. Just get one & go for it!

I love the grille and the attitude it gives the rebel but if it's gunna look halfassed then it's not worth it to me, I'd love to see some up close pics of people who have done it but it's looking like that guy on eBay was the first

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
another thing to consider with the rebel grill is that if your truck has the active grill shutters you will have to remove them.