Rust spots on rear bumper of my 8 month old truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000GM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my '16 Laramie new 8 months ago. I gave it a good cleaning and wax today. I brought it outside to give it another going-over, and I noticed 8-10 small 1/8th inch or so surface rust spots.

Yes I'm in New England on the coast....but truck has hardly ever been dirty, never in salt water, and the roads here have only been salted once so far this winter.

My last Ram was an 04 and the same exact thing happened when that truck was still less than a year old. The dealer replaced the bumper under warranty, and the rust never happened on the new bumper for the 5 years I had it after.

So I'm not worried about the dealer, I'm sure it will be replaced. Still though, WTF???

Is this a common issue?

ms8091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Happens on mine and I have to use metal cleaner to remove it. It's imperfections from the road salt, etc settling in the bumper and rusting. If left it will rust the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk