Scratches on Upper bevel of Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Every time I wash my truck I'm finding these scratches on the upper bevel of my box. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if its from leaning over the side or something else? I've put a tonneau cover on the truck recently, but haven't really watched it since, but if it is from leaning over the side then this should limit scratches as we load primarily through the back now.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed scratches like this and has come to a conclusion on what was causing them. They aren't major and you probably wouldn't notice them unless pointed out, but once I notice them myself they bug the hell out of me.

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got them too. Mine are definitely from leaning against the bed rail and loading cargo over them as well as climbing in and out of the bed by stepping on the tire and over the bed rail. The scratches don't bother me much since my pickup is silver, which makes them hard to see.

OP
OP
matthewharrison
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got them too. Mine are definitely from leaning against the bed rail and loading cargo over them as well as climbing in and out of the bed by stepping on the tire and over the bed rail. The scratches don't bother me much since my pickup is silver, which makes them hard to see.

Good to know, kind of what I thought it was, but other owners opinions never hurt. Mines black & brand new, so it sticks out like a sore thumb to me, just going to have to be more careful with loading procedures and hope it does the trick.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Once my truck is payed off, and starts getting used more as a truck then what my wife uses it for, I am definetly getting it linexed, and I'm having them go over the top rails down to that body line, "I think it's like 3 inches" just because stuff always gets leaned against it right there.