Side mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed on my drivers side side view mirror that there is a little cover toward the bottom of it. When I take off the cover there is a wire harness connected to it. It's only on the drivers side and not on the passenger side. What is it for? I have. 2013 tradesman

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
My only guess would be wiring for the puddle lamps/integrated turn signal and maybe power folding mirrors, that sounds really odd though. My mirrors which are the standard manual folding ones with power heat they don't have a cover to take off that I can see.

OP
OP
jknappen

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My only guess would be wiring for the puddle lamps/integrated turn signal and maybe power folding mirrors, that sounds really odd though. My mirrors which are the standard manual folding ones with power heat they don't have a cover to take off that I can see.

I have the same mirrors. If you look at the drivers side ONLY mirror, on the bottom towards the front of it there looks like there's a little cover thing when you take it off there's a plug connected to the cover. I just noticed it the other day while washing it.